This doesn't bide well for the future.....

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

samuraidave_1

Post by samuraidave_1 »

I am very new taking a test run with the space Pilot Pro. I have an industrial design back ground and have read a good majority of this thread. It contains many of the customer desires and wishes.
I would like a streamlined method of loading Program responses to any of the buttons and activity from the controller.
If a menu poped up and asked if i wished to use the 3d controller confirming the program and version of that program, then it could search the database for a driver that may work user could confirm or customize changing all of the controller responses to a Selected program and version. This preference set up may take several minutes but it could allow ANY program to utilize the controller ie music editing, video, and games. The completed preference profile could be submitted electronically to the 3d Connexion team to be scrutinized for code improvements in the next driver version. This would allow "development Democracy" for program mods in high demand and allow customers utilize the many function buttons in all other programs.
I see the large Product on my desk with untapped potential and would love to mess around with some of my other programs like many other customizable button input devices.
Disappointed with the controllers function with Blender v2.54.0 and other versions. Also No 3ds max v8, form-z v 6.1.0, Adobe cs4 photoshop.
Of course there are a few programs it works well with; Sketch-up v7.1.680, Inventor v8.0, Google earth.
If the functionality is already in the system then have a simplified method to enable the customization for ANY and all programs on the computer.
I like the product there are great features and a lot of thought has gone into the presentation of the design, the software needs to catch up with the adamant desire of the customer base.
jwick

Post by jwick »

We have released 3DxWare 10 open beta.

This release includes keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation.

Please try it out and let us know what you think. There is a new 3DxWare 10 Beta Forum for discussion.

I'm locking this thread so users who get informed about changes to the thread won't miss this announcement. Feel free to start a new thread to continue this discussion, if you wish.