SpaceNavigator stop working in Catia r17

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

zhouge

Post by zhouge »

I have SN PE and works in r17. The SN driver just stop working again this morning. I have to reboot Windows and it comes back or dead for a while. I have tried all the possible solutions. No luck this time. The driver doesn't work anymore!!! We have bought 4 SN PE and all have this kind problems!!! They all need some break.

What should we do?
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi zhouge

If a device stops working in Catia please test if it works with one of the demos, I would suggest the "3DCube Demo", but you can use one of your choice. These demos are available under:

Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3Dconnexion 3DxWare -> Demos

If the device don't work with one of the demos please verify if it is still recognised by Windows. To do that you should:

start the Control Panel
click on Hardware
click on Device Manger
extend the folder called Human Interface Devices
right-click the position (-s) called USB Human Interface Device (if any) and select Properties
click on Details

You should see for Space Navigator:

USB\VID_046D&PID_C626\... - where VID_046D is the vendor ID of Logitech and PID_C626 is the product ID for SpaceNavigator.

Do you use all of these devices on similar PC's? If so please specify the motherboard type, the USB controller used on that motherboard and the BIOS version and release information.
agoenczi
zhouge

Re: SpaceNavigator stop working in Catia r17

Post by zhouge »

Thanks for your response.

My SN just back to work as normal today. When I plug it back to the usb port I used before, windows just recognized it as new product. It's weired.

We use them on a few similiar Dell stations. I'll find out all the motherboards model and let you know later.

Young
agoenczi wrote:Hi zhouge

If a device stops working in Catia please test if it works with one of the demos, I would suggest the "3DCube Demo", but you can use one of your choice. These demos are available under:

Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> 3Dconnexion 3DxWare -> Demos

If the device don't work with one of the demos please verify if it is still recognised by Windows. To do that you should:

start the Control Panel
click on Hardware
click on Device Manger
extend the folder called Human Interface Devices
right-click the position (-s) called USB Human Interface Device (if any) and select Properties
click on Details

You should see for Space Navigator:

USB\VID_046D&PID_C626\... - where VID_046D is the vendor ID of Logitech and PID_C626 is the product ID for SpaceNavigator.

Do you use all of these devices on similar PC's? If so please specify the motherboard type, the USB controller used on that motherboard and the BIOS version and release information.
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi zhouge

Did you still have problems with the devices you have in Catia R17?

Do the devices have the same problem?

Which 3DxSoftware release do you have installed?
agoenczi