3d Studio Max Version 5

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sindarin

3d Studio Max Version 5

Post by sindarin »

Just got the Space Navigator from Newegg because it says it will work with 3ds. I am using 3d Studio Max 5. Once I got to the driver info it says Versions 6-9, however the info on the 3dconnexion website and the help file say versions 5 and above are okay. I am currently getting this error when loading 3ds:
-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File>
>> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\3dsmax5\Scripts\Startup\3DxStudio.ms Exception: -- Type error: Interface method call requires MAXClass, got: undefined <<

Is there an older driver for 5, or something that can be edited that will allow it to work? I followed the instructions for placing the 3dconnexion drivers into 3ds and then double checked to make sure I did not miss anything.

Thanks
Sin
sindarin

Just got my answer

Post by sindarin »

So I searched and searched and finally found an old post from someone here that says that version 5 is no longer supported and to update to a newer version of 3ds. Thanks for the mis-representation guys. I really appreciate it. Take a look at your website and the re-sellers websites. They all say 3ds max with no version listed, which means that the S.N. should work with all versions of Max. If it does not you should have it listed as only working with 6-9 which you do not. You might here in the forum, but you don't on the product page. Believe me I checked before I bought it. The least you could do if you are no longer supporting Max 5 is to put up the legacy software that DOES work with version 5 so we can at least use the S.N. while we work on coughing up the 3000.00 for Version 9.