Modifier key support for SpaceNavigator PE?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

jkeroes

Modifier key support for SpaceNavigator PE?

Post by jkeroes »

I looked through the FAQ and some of the documentation, but couldn't find the answer to this. Point me in the right direction, please, if I missed it!

Is it possible to use modifier keys to change the speed of the device? For example, holding down <control> to slow down/give precise control over positioning and conversely, holding down <shift> to speed things up?

Thanks,
Joshua
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jkeroes,

I don't think this is possible. You can -- of course -- control the speed using buttons not there's no way to toggle between two different speed settings.

Having said that, it sure seems to be an interesting idea. We will see if it generates interest and then consider it for implementation.
Nuno Gomes
jkeroes

Post by jkeroes »

ngomes wrote:You can -- of course -- control the speed using buttons not there's no way to toggle between two different speed settings.
You can control the speed using the two buttons on the device itself? I don't seem to have that option available to me. Is that an option on one of the fancier models?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jkeroes,

Using the 3DxWare Control Panel, you can assign the command "Increase Sensitivity" and "Decrease Sensitivity" to the device buttons.

Since the SpaceNavigator only has two buttons, you're limited in what you can do.

Note that the driver (3DxWare) configuration is application sensitive. That means it will detect when another supported application is loaded and will switch the configuration accordingly.
jkeroes

Post by jkeroes »

Thanks for the response!

The 3Dconnexion control panel's Buttons tab displays these choices:
  • Unassigned
  • 3DConnexion Control Panel
  • Pan/Zoom Only
  • Tilt/Spin/Roll Only
  • Pan Only
  • Zoom Only
  • Calibrate
Are the Increase Sensitivity and Decrease Sensitivity options in a beta I could try?

Thanks again,
Joshua
Last edited by jkeroes on Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Some clarification. The "Increase Sensitivity" and "Decrease Sensitivity" buttons are available on the Windows driver. These options are not on the Mac driver.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jkeroes,

My mistake. Flomotan is very much correct: I was referring to the Windows driver. My apologises for the confusion.