Controlling the LEDs on a Space Traveler

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

tappollo

Controlling the LEDs on a Space Traveler

Post by tappollo »

I started using the SDK to add my Space Traveler into my 3D visualization tool 2 nights ago. Using siapplib.dll and spwmath.dll I was able to connect into the device and start processing the inputs without too much trouble.

However, my question is, using the SDK, how can I turn the LEDs of the Space Traveler on and off. I saw other posts saying the author figured it out but not how. Do you use the si___ code or some other method? An example is always helpful.

I'm working with Windows XP/Pro, developing on Visual Studio 2003 in C++.

Regards,
TJ
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi TJ,

We have not exposed a way to turn the LEDs on/off from programs.

You can use the driver GUI to do this. The LED settings are saved in the registry (HKCU/software/3dconnexion/3dxware/Disable LEDs) so you could toggle that setting through normal registry access routines, but the driver only reads that when it starts up.

Your only other choice would be to access the HID device directly. You could open it up and send down commands to turn the LEDs on/off. Obviously you would probably get out of sync with the driver.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
cbeeckler

Post by cbeeckler »

jwick wrote:Hi TJ,

We have not exposed a way to turn the LEDs on/off from programs.

You can use the driver GUI to do this. The LED settings are saved in the registry (HKCU/software/3dconnexion/3dxware/Disable LEDs) so you could toggle that setting through normal registry access routines, but the driver only reads that when it starts up.

Your only other choice would be to access the HID device directly. You could open it up and send down commands to turn the LEDs on/off. Obviously you would probably get out of sync with the driver.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
Has anything changed wrt LED control?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Nope. Not yet. I am keeping it in mind for future drivers though.