Using SDK with Borland

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

sdianis

Using SDK with Borland

Post by sdianis »

I have a Borland C++ project. I'm trying to integrate space navigator device control into the project, but cannot get the device to communicate at all. I can get the tutorial examples to run in Visual C++, but haven't seen any info about using the device with Borland. Anyone know how to make this happen?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi sdianis,

I'm sure it is possible. The SDK is just COM, though we have no experience with Borland tools. The last Borland tool I used was Brief <G>

We have had customers sucessfully incorporate 3Dx devices into Borland tools in the past, but it was the old SDK, not the COM-based SDK. The old SDK, is just Windows messages and a static lib you need to link to. It is available in the archive section of the download page, if you want to try it. It may be simpler to start out with.

OTOH, I would think Borland would have better support for COM, since it isn't possible to do much on Windows without it. It's a standard.

Maybe a Borland forum would have some suggestions.

Good luck, and if you get something working Please post it here for other Borland users to make use of.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
CCRDude

Post by CCRDude »

Doesn't BCC also compile Pascal code? I remember there was something like that from Pascal-written components that work in BCC...

If so, take a look at this topic, where you can find my Delphi class for direct use.