button config on Spacepilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

andy forsey

button config on Spacepilot

Post by andy forsey »

Is it possible to configure one of the buttons on my Spacepilot to act as control Z?
AJF
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear andy forsey,

I would believe you can make a 'control Z" macro and assign it to one of your Space Pilot Buttons.

We will assume you are using 3DxSoftware 3.4.2. If you open the '3Dconnexion Control Panel' under the 'Button Configuration' Tab there will be listed a 'Custom Functions' Button. Clicking on that button will bring up the 'Custom Functions' Dialog Box. You may make up a 'Macro Name" of your choosing then tab to the 'User Macro' field to enter your macro keys strokes, which in this case would be 'Ctrl-Z'. Click on the 'Save' Button and then the 'Done' Button. This brings us back to the 'Button Configuration' Tab. Select the drop down box associated with the button you would like to map your newly created macro to. Listed in the drop down box, you should find your newly created 'macro name' which you may then select to be associated with that button. Now keying that button should execute your key stroke macro. In this case Ctrl-Z.

Sincerely,
Bryan
andy forsey

Post by andy forsey »

Thanks Bryan, that worked a treat.
and thanks for such a swift response.
Andy
AJF
Jee-Bee

Re: button config on Spacepilot

Post by Jee-Bee »

I have almost the same problem... I have tried to make an Ctrl+Z Shortcut but it doesn't work.
I'm at this moment the first who use a 3D mouse. We run Pro-E on a server and because i'm the first we don't have installed the add-in on our network.
When i look in the scg file the user defined macro's are a bunch of numbers... hou can i fix that to keys or combination of keys??

Thanks