Error Message on Startup, STImage.BMP

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ckrug

Error Message on Startup, STImage.BMP

Post by ckrug »

I just purchased the Space Traveler and upon starting the driver I get the following message:
"Error 0x2 Loading bitmap image from file: C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Images\STImage.BMP"

I looked at this path and determined that there is no such directory or file. Is there any way to fix this error message? The Space Traveler seems to work just fine, I just hate unnecessary error messages.

Running WinXP on a new HP laptop. I also have a Serial Spaceball5000 that is connected when at the docking station. I never have the two connected at the same time. The only way I have found to get both running is to start and stop each separate driver as I need it.

Thanks,
Calvin Krug
jwick

Post by jwick »

It sounds like you have several versions of the driver attached. You should uninstall everything and just install the old version that works with the serial SpaceBall. That version also works with the SpaceTraveler.
ckrug

Post by ckrug »

I installed the old version that works with the serial SpaceBall. It seems to work ok. It does not have the quick tap button though for the traveler. Also I noticed when the drive starts up it does not find the device and gives a dialog box that asks if I want to retry looking for it. In the Device Manager my SpaceBall 5000 shows up as a SpaceBall 4000 FLX. This might be why it does not find it right away. Does this sound strange?
Calvin Krug
jwick

Post by jwick »

It does not have the quick tap button though for the traveler.
What's a quick tap button?
Also I noticed when the drive starts up it does not find the device and gives a dialog box that asks if I want to retry looking for it.
If you just switched from your SpaceBall to your SpaceTraveler, this is normal behavior. It was expecting to find a SpaceBall out there.
In the Device Manager my SpaceBall 5000 shows up as a SpaceBall 4000 FLX. This might be why it does not find it right away. Does this sound strange?
Some SpaceBall 5000s are called SpaceBall 4000s internally. Especially if it was an OEM (IBM or HP) unit.