Control network cameras?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

niko001

Control network cameras?

Post by niko001 »

Hey,

I am thinking about buying a network camera that I can control remotely (pan / tilt / zoom). These are the movements that are also performed by the SpaceNavigator, so my question is: Is it currently possible to control any camera-application with the SpaceNavigator? If not, how difficult is it to write a plugin that could perform such actions?

Thanks,
Niko
rstadie

Re: Control network cameras?

Post by rstadie »

Hi Niko,
niko001 wrote:Hey,

I am thinking about buying a network camera that I can control remotely (pan / tilt / zoom). These are the movements that are also performed by the SpaceNavigator, so my question is: Is it currently possible to control any camera-application with the SpaceNavigator?
Unfortunately I do not know any webcam-software that makes use of our 3D controllers. But it would be better to ask the webcam software developers directly and share your thoughts with them. Perhaps they agree with us, I also think this is a great idea.
niko001 wrote:If not, how difficult is it to write a plugin that could perform such actions?
That depends on you. As a start I would recommend to take a look here and visit our Developer's Forum.
Robert Stadie
niko001

Post by niko001 »

Dear Robert,

thanks for your quick reply!

I will have a look at the links and ask a few cam-manufacturers.

I think it would be awesome to be able to control a camera with your controller, I always see people in movies sitting in front of 100 CCTV-screens, moving them and zooming with such a 3D-Joystick as yours, I want to be able, to do that, too :-)!

Regards,
Niko