Windows XP-64 and Space Pilot

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jkeller

Windows XP-64 and Space Pilot

Post by jkeller »

Hi,
My IT department is fixing to upgrade me to winXP-64 and Solidworks 2007 64-Bit. I am currently running a SpacePilot and am thoroughly addicted to it!!. I can find no definitive documentation that states whether or not 64-bit OS/Apps are supported. It is hinted at in several posts, but I need a definite answer - are 64-bit OS's and applications supported by the latest revision of the drivers for the space pilot? The IT guys are willing to forego my upgrade if the drivers don't support it, but I would like to be on 64-bit so I'm looking for a concrete response, yes or no.

Thanks.

J
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jkeller,

The SpacePilot is fully supported in all x64 editions of Windows. That includes Vista and XP Professional (all service packs).

You can verify this information by checking the "operating system requirements" topic on the SpacePilot product page.

I can also confirm that the latest software for SpacePilot includes native builds of add-ins for both SolidWorks x86 and x64.
scope63

Post by scope63 »

i am running UG NX 5 on 64bit platform with a space pilot. i have updated the driver to the latest- 6.5.5 and find that i crash out of the programme just after a save part. i just have to put my hand back on the space pilot to ie: zoom and then bang! fatal error. i have also posted on another forum were the reply has been update to the latest driver should take care of it, well i am at the latest and still get the problem.

any possible solutions
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi scope63,

You're out of topic here (this thread is about SolidWorks on Windows XP x64).

You can try removing the add-in for NX and see if that makes a difference (it should not): terminate NX; go in Add or Remove Programs, select 3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware, modify and remove the tick mark next to the "3Dconnexion Plug-in for NX" and complete the modification; restart the driver (test a demo); relaunch NX. Let us know what happens.

It is possible to split the topic, if you prefer. I just need to know which "subject" you want to have.
snp

Post by snp »

Hello,
I'm not sure spacepilot was fully supported for vista 64...
I'm working with Pro/ENGINEER WilFire 2 by example and i can't have access to the tools and the panel of my spacepilot. I just can move my part with the 3D stick and when i'm push a button of my spacepilot the program crash (Pro/ENGINEER).
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi snp,

You are out of topic. Please create a new topic so that people can find you.

The SpacePilot is fully supported on Vista x64 but do refer to this Knowledge Base article.

The topic is now closed.