Re-load previously saved profiles

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pgannon18

Re-load previously saved profiles

Post by pgannon18 »

I have a profile user00.scg that I customized a lot of buttons on for Inventor 10. I've upgraded to Inventor 2008 (also uninstalled and reinstalled 3Dconnexion driver). How can I get the device to recognize that file instead of creating new ones on it's own. I've placed it into C:\Documents and Settings\Gannon\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\profiles but the driver just created user01.scg instead of using user00.scg. Can I make it use the one I want? I don't want to have to reset all the buttons for each scenario (part, sketch, assembly, drawing, sheetmetal, weldment). Anyone know how?

Patrick
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Patrick,

You should be able to open the 3DxWare control panel (you have to do this from the desktop or control panel icon), then choose your old config from the list of available configurations.

Otherwise, just change the association for INVENTOR.EXE in HKCU/Software/3Dconnexion/3DxWare/applications to user00.scg.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
pgannon18

Post by pgannon18 »

It doesn't appear in the drop down list, and it just reset itself when I changed it in the registry. Is there a specific location I need to copy user00.scg into?
jwick

Post by jwick »

It may be an order issue:

Stop Inventor.
Copy your user00.scg into %appdata%/3dconnexion/3dxware/profiles (where you got it from).
Change the registry.
Start Inventor.