Current device help requested

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mtrunz

Current device help requested

Post by mtrunz »

Has anyone out there used the current 3D C devices with SolidWorks, UG, Inventor or AutoCad? Having been a huge fan of the spaceball 4000/5000 devices, I'd like to know what your thoughts are in regard to how the current offerings compare to the spaceball series. The current devices I'm interested in are the space navigator (personal or standard), space traveler, space explorer and space pilot. For cost purposes, I'd like to contain my interest to the navigator or traveler series but I'm concerned that they may be hard to handle due to the lack of a wrist rest so reviews/comparisons of all models are welcome. I'm also interested in how any one of these devices may compare to each other. Any thoughts at all are welcome and appreciated. It would be nice to hear from someone from 3D C in regard to which, if any of these devices support SolidWorks 2005, AutoCAD 2000, UG 19 (and up) and Inventor R4.
ngomes

Re: Current device help requested

Post by ngomes »

Hi mtrunz,
It would be nice to hear from someone from 3D C in regard to which, if any of these devices support SolidWorks 2005, AutoCAD 2000, UG 19 (and up) and Inventor R4.
SolidWorks 2005 is supported in the current release. For up to AutoCAD 2006 (R16), there is a legacy add-in available for download but no longer under development (the current solution supports AutoCAD 2007 and above).

Both Unigraphics and Inventor have had native support for 3D navigation since early in their development. There is no need for a 3Dconnexion add-in to navigate with a 3D mouse. The only necessary software from 3Dconnexion for UG and IV is the driver (3DxWare).
Nuno Gomes