SpaceExplorer - stopped being recognized by my computer!!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

e7rick

SpaceExplorer - stopped being recognized by my computer!!

Post by e7rick »

I have exactly the same problem as described in viewtopic.php?t=1919 , except that I use a SpaceExplorer with Inventor. After re-booting my computer, the 3Dx-ware driver doesn't start and the blue LED on the SpaceExplorer doesn't come on.

I first tried to repair the 3Dconnexion software. I then download the latest SW from the 3Dconnexion site and installed it. No success! However, I have a small 3D-mouse (space navigator?), which is recognized by my computer and works properly. Now the 3Dconnexion Control Panel also works (it doesn't work with the SpaceExplorer).

When I try the SpaceExplorer on another computer - it is recognized, the blue LED comes on and it works just fine.

What can I do to make the SpaceExplorer work on my computer?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Does your pc identify the device at all in the Device manager?

Control panel
system
hardware
Open the Device Manager;
Select the "Human Interface Devices" category;
Check the "Details" tab for all "HID-compliant device": the 3D Mouse will be shown with "Device Interface Id" of:
SpaceExplorer: USB\VID_046D&PID_C627\...

Try a clean install:

Before starting make sure you are logged in with full admin privileges.

Download the latest driver from the 3DConnexion website and save it to an easy to access location such as the desktop.

Remove the current driver through the Add/Remove programs. Then make sure the 3DConnexion folder in C:\Program Files is deleted.

Navigate to C:/Documents and Settings/your profile/Application Data or C:/Documents and Settings/admin/Application Data/ and delete the 3DConnexion folder. Check both locations to be sure.
NOTE: on Vista machines the paths to the profiles will be found in C:/Users/your profile/AppData or C:/Users/admin/AppData/.

Under the 'Start' button and 'Run' type in 'regedit' and hit OK to bring up the Registry Editor. It is strongly recommended that a backup of the registry be made first by right-clicking on the My Computer icon in the left panel of the Registry Editor and selecting 'export'. Title it something like "Registry Backup" and point it to an easy to access location like the desktop. Once the backup is complete there are 2 registry entries to remove:
Under the branches
Last edited by Fred on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
uGLay

Post by uGLay »

I had that same problem this morning. I tried every USB receptacle on the computer and i restarted and nothing... i unplugged it and called it my SW VAR. They told me they'll get back to me.

So i just put it on the side disconnected and after 10 minutes I replugged it and it all worked no problems. :shock:
SolidWorks 2008 Office Pro SP3.1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2.2GHz, 2.00GB RAM
QuadroFX 3700
SpacePilot / SpaceNavigator
3Dx Ware Release: 3.5.6 - Driver: 6.5.5 - Firmware: 3.12
e7rick

THANKS FRED!!!!

Post by e7rick »

I followed your steps one by one...and I was really skeptic when the LED didn't go on after I plugged in the device after the re-installation. However, as you wrote, at "...other times it will not