Wits end Maya 2008

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

avellon

Wits end Maya 2008

Post by avellon »

Hello all

I am running a PowerMac Pro with Maya 2008. I have downloaded the newest set of drivers available. It all installs fine, but it does not work. I get no response in Maya in fact if I type in "magellanStartup" it says it cannot find the script, if I source it and run it I get syntax error messages. I have it working on my PC but no such luck here. Can someone run down exactly what scripts need to be in the various locations and if there are any known conflicts with other MEL scripts out there.

Thanks
Fred

Post by Fred »

Try the steps from this post:
viewtopic.php?t=2056
avellon

Post by avellon »

I looked at this forum before and I can't even get Maya to see the scripts when they are installed. What I would like to know is where each of the components should be installed so I can double check to see that they are there. When I try to launch the setup I get an error saying that it cannot find the script, when I source it and run it, I get Syntax errors.

When I set it up on the PC I had to put a bunch of mel and .mll files away to get it to work but not quite sure what to do on the MAC. I have been working PC for years and I have just recently come back to the MAC.

Thanks
Fred

Post by Fred »

There should be a readme doc in the maya folder with instructions on how to manually install the file.