Help with LoadPreferences() or loading preferences

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

sai

Help with LoadPreferences() or loading preferences

Post by sai »

Problem:
For my application I would like to ensure that the 3Dconnexion device has "Dominant mode" for the axes turned on. Programmatically, that is.

I'm using COM, 3DxWare for Windows version 6.7.18 (driver version 6.7.13), a SpacePilot (firmware 3.12), and Visual Studio C++ 2003 on WindowsXP SP3.

Is LoadPreferences() the key? If so, how / where do I set up any preferences for it? What about the .scg files? On the one hand, I find posts in the forums saying that the format is changing, but on the other, the API (V0.7, 12-Nov-07) says "To have a custom configuration file installed for your application contact 3Dconnexion."

Thanks,
Chris

p.s. It's been tough finding info on the web site – the archive is empty so I can't get to the "old SDK". I found the http://www.3dconnexion.com/labs/ page somewhat accidentally (thank you for the 3DxTrainer), I can't navigate to it directly from the front page. Is my API doc (also recently acquired from your web site) up to date?