SpacePilot Probelm continuous rotation

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dreadzone

SpacePilot Probelm continuous rotation

Post by dreadzone »

I have a SpacePilot PRO and use it with Inventor. Been using it without any problems for the past 2 years until a couple of weeks ago. I booted up Inventor and pulled up a model, the model started to rotate continuously, I couldn't stop the rotation either using SP or mouse, I had to disconnect SP to allow me to work on model.
I plugged in SP and model again started to rotate, I accidently "dunted" the SP and rotating stopped and worked fine after that. Over the past few days the problem has reoccurred but a dunt on the "rest pad" and it works again (this isn't the perfect solution I know), BUT what I did notice is the blue light under the cursor button is off when SP doesn't want to play ball, loose connection? Also when SP is out of action my mouse doesn't work either ie I can't select anything particularly when I have AutoCAD open as well.
Question to forum, has anyone else had this problem, was it sorted, can it be sorted?
mjgaisser

Re: SpacePilot Probelm continuous rotation

Post by mjgaisser »

My cap has been dead for years, and I'm actually on my second unit after I RMA'd the first one (I keep it around because of the buttons/macros). The continuous rotation came first (constant cap output) off and on, and re-calibrating via the application would cause the cap to stop responding entirely. Every now and then the cap would wake up and work properly, only to resume continuous rotation while I was working with a model. Driver versions don't make a difference.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a real solution.