Spaceball 5000 Latest Driver?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

oceanmaster66

Spaceball 5000 Latest Driver?

Post by oceanmaster66 »

I'd like to know what the latest driver for my Spaceball 5000, I'm running Windows 7 Pro X64. Could someone post a link to the driver? Thanks

Mike
UtaSH

Re: Spaceball 5000 Latest Driver?

Post by UtaSH »

Hello oceanmaster66,

The SpaceBall 5000 is a legacy device and there is no Windows 7 support for it. If you have a USB device you can go to our download site and select your model in the drop down list "Product". In "Operating System" choose "Windows XP 64bit". You will get a link to 3DxSoftware 3.7.22. Officially there is no support for Windows 7 for this driver. But you can try to install it and see if it works.
christ_himself

Post by christ_himself »

it wont let me download the lastest driver for my old spaceball 5000 usb ... using win xp sp2 pro

where can i get these
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

christ_himself wrote:it wont let me download the lastest driver for my old spaceball 5000 usb ... using win xp sp2 pro

where can i get these
You can get the driver for the SpaceBall 5000 from the Download page. You first have to create a login for My3Dx (there is a link at the upper right corner of the home page. Then login and go to "Download Drivers"
jchaussee

Post by jchaussee »

uludwig wrote:
christ_himself wrote:it wont let me download the lastest driver for my old spaceball 5000 usb ... using win xp sp2 pro

where can i get these
You can get the driver for the SpaceBall 5000 from the Download page. You first have to create a login for My3Dx (there is a link at the upper right corner of the home page. Then login and go to "Download Drivers"

Yep, there you have it, if you want the driver, you have to create an account, just so that they can try to sell you one of their supposedly new device which does not bring any improvement at all!!!

I had to go through the same thing with my Space Traveller.

My tip is better, select Windows XP as your OS. That way you will be able to download v3.7.22 which is the last driver produced for your device. It is the same they would give you for Vista.

That way you don't have to create an account and cope with all the junk mail that they will most likely send you later!!!

Cheers,
Juls.