Google Earth's altitude-based speed-adjustment

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Hypersonic

Google Earth's altitude-based speed-adjustment

Post by Hypersonic »

The closer to the ground the camera is the slower the controls are. Regardless of whether the controls are keys, 2Dmouse, 3Dmouse/joystick.

Slowing down makes sense if one if panning with keys, otherwise what is an ok speed at high altitude ends up being too fast at low altittude.

However, with variable speed control made available with Connexion's 3D mice, a higher max speed at low altitude can be easily controlled.

What I'd like to do is travel through a route I plan to bicycle virtually, with the same point of view as when I'm biking in reality (close to the ground.) However, I don't want to crawl through the route, but with Google Earth's altitude-based speed-adjustment, that's all I can do at the moment.

I was wondering 3D Connexion could request from Google for an option to adjust the multiplier value for the altitude-based speed-adjustment, so exploring at low altitude won't be such a drag.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I see. It slows the earthworm speed. That does seem a little slow.

I don't know if we have any contacts in the GE group anymore. I'll ask around.

Of course, their support is the best place to go for this. I have no idea if they read their own forums or how they handle support requests.