space navigator not recognised

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mikeman20

Re: space navigator not recognised

Post by mikeman20 »

I am having this same issue. space navigator worked originally, then intermittently, now not at all. (it is less than 2 months old).
windows 7 professional 64 bit
space navigator with latest drivers and software
restarted computer several times, tried all USB ports, re installed drivers and software multiple times.
windows does not recognize the device as the space navigator (error code 43)

tried the stop driver, unplug and hold buttons while plugging in restart trick. didnt help.
tried gently cleaning the contacts, didnt help.

I read that there is a firmware update that seems to have solved the issue for several people, but I cannot find it. I am posting here in hopes that someone will point me to it.

I am very disappointed with it so far. I have spent more time trying to solve its problems then it has saved me on design work.
mikeman20

Post by mikeman20 »

Posting again because I "have not participated enough in the forum" to be able to private message the admin who can get me the firmware update...
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello mikeman20,

our Technical Support Team can help you with the firmware update tool. But note that it is necessary that the device is recognized by the system properly. Otherwise the firmware update tool cannot identify the device.

If the device is not recognized at all then we will replace it as it is still under warranty (you bought it 2 months ago).