space navigator not recognised

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

grgeorge81

SN not recognized

Post by grgeorge81 »

Same problem here - not recognized. No blue light. Tried in multiple usb ports. Re-installed software, re-started computer.

From previous threads...looks like a firmware update resolves this problem? Is this going to be made available?

Christmas present letdown so far...
grgeorge81

SN not recognized

Post by grgeorge81 »

Same problem here - not recognized. No blue light. Tried in multiple usb ports. Re-installed software, re-started computer.

From previous threads...looks like a firmware update resolves this problem? Is this going to be made available?

grgeorge81

SN not recognized

Post by grgeorge81 »

grgeorge81

Post by grgeorge81 »

apologize for mult. posts.

When plugged in...says searching for driver...then driver installation failed. Tried installing from CD as well as update from 3dConn website...neither worked properly.

In Device Manager says Unrecognized Device. No drivers available.

Frustrating...
n0mad

Post by n0mad »

hi

just read my post.seems that old firmware is problem.ask for newest.

happy new year

n0mad
grgeorge81

Post by grgeorge81 »

Thanks, nOmad.

Can someone send me the information necessary to update the firmware?
cant_touch_this

Post by cant_touch_this »

Thanks, nOmad

Ya can someone also send me the necessary firmware?
n0mad

Post by n0mad »

I have no permission to forward this information to you,so you have to ask admin
Barbara

SpaceNavigator Not Recognized

Post by Barbara »

Hello -

Have you tried the SpaceNavigator on a different PC ? The firmware alone may not resolve the problem if the device is not initially detected.

Full USB power is important in the initial recognition of the 3Dconnexion devices. If the SpaceNavigator is plugged into a front USB port , try it in a rear port instead. On a laptop have the AC adapter plugged in. These sound like small changes but we often see them make the difference in recognition - especially with Windows 7.

Holding down both SpaceNavigator buttons when plugging into the USB port can also help. Once the device is plugged in, use the Start Driver shortcut to start the software. Once the device is recognized it will start at Windows startup. [Start|All Programs|3Dconnexion\Driver\Start Driver]

Check here to see whether the SpaceNavigator is being detected in the HID section of Device Manager.

If you are still seeing a problem , please contact our Technical Support.

----------
Barbara
grgeorge81

Post by grgeorge81 »

I have read all of the posts in this thread...and attempted all of the troubleshooting methods already suggested. The firmware update seems to be working for other Win7 64 bit users...may I please have the information to give it a try.

Thanks.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello grgeorge81 -

Please contact tech support
http://www.3dconnexion.com/contact.html
--------------------------
Barbara
grgeorge81

Post by grgeorge81 »

Thanks, Barbara - Downloaded update but cannot get it to recognize the SN - so I cannot upgrade the SN.

After multiple attempts unplugging and re-plugging in the SN, it finally lit up blue and 3DxFlash recognized it, so I hit the Upgrade button.
At 80% on the progress bar I recieved an error message and the upgrade was not completed.

Tried unplugging and re-plugging mult. times again, but the the Update program does not recognize the SN.
cant_touch_this

Post by cant_touch_this »

Hello,

I tried all of the following but my Spacenavigator still shows up as uknown and is not recognized on my regular workstation (windows 7 64bit). It works fine on my mac running windows boot camp (windows 7 64bit) with the blue light running and controls working fine. I even tried all of the ports but still no go. Can I also try the new firmware?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello cant_touch_this -

Please contact tech support:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/contact.html

------------------
Barbara
n0mad

Post by n0mad »

but cant touch this dont do the same an grgeorge.. find someone else comp ..your friends .. on which your SN work.. it is stupid to make flash on comp where SN is not recognized..flashing work 100 precent