space navigator not recognised

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

grgeorge81

Post by grgeorge81 »

nOmad - my computer was recognizing the SN intermittently...and I was able to start the firmware upgrade process but unfortunately it did not complete.

I do not think it is stupid to give the firmware udate a shot, as this is obviously the problem.

If you are going to call someone stupid...try not to use broken english. It lose effect 100% time A1 super.
jeroen0652

Device not responding

Post by jeroen0652 »

I have a very similar problem.

OS = windows 7 32 bit
Laptop computer
Device = space pilot pro

I 'm trying out a Space pilot pro for inventor; so far I haven't been able to get any response on my screen from the device.

The instruction 3d trainer doesn't give any response in any direction.

All setting are back to default, no bleu light however.

Computer does find the device as a space pilot pro.

Starting the driver I receive the message DLL pxytrans.dll is missing.

I can't find this dll on the web, seems to be 3dconnexion only, but doesn't install after 3 times.

Suggestions anybody?
jeroen0652

Device not responding

Post by jeroen0652 »

I have a very similar problem.

OS = windows 7 32 bit
Laptop computer
Device = space pilot pro

I 'm trying out a Space pilot pro for inventor; so far I haven't been able to get any response on my screen from the device.

The instruction 3d trainer doesn't give any response in any direction.

All setting are back to default, no bleu light however.

Computer does find the device as a space pilot pro.

Starting the driver I receive the message DLL pxytrans.dll is missing.

I can't find this dll on the web, seems to be 3dconnexion only, but doesn't install after 3 times.

Suggestions anybody?
cant_touch_this

Post by cant_touch_this »

Hey thanks n0mad, and Barbara for all of your help. Used my friends computer that the mouse worked with and updated the device. It works like a charm :D

Thanks Joe
n0mad

Post by n0mad »

I apologize for this word grgeorge..it was about process, not about you..
sorry
n0mad

Post by n0mad »

ps.. english is not my native language but I have found this forum only which helped me to solve my problem.
thank you

n0mad
telder1969

Firmware update

Post by telder1969 »

I have experienced the same unknown device issues. I returned the my space navigator, and had it replaced with the new one (after 2 weeks). I would really love to get this device going. With no navigator, its costing me productivity (MONEY).
Can a mod please send me the FIRMWARE UPGRADE?
beffuddled

space navigator not being recognized

Post by beffuddled »

I earlier posted a request on this forum and particular subject in October last year, it appears there is a firmware upgrade that rectifies the problem of the SN not being recognized when using windows 7 64 bit machines. My question is I have since downloaded the most recent driver software dated 29th November 2011. I have a desktop PC that is running windows 7 64 bit Enterprise and the SN works fine in both the 3d mouse trainer and in Google sketch up 8. However after reinstalling the new driver software dated as above, on 2 x identical laptops that are running windows 7 64 bit home edition, the SN still is not recognized, I have tried all suggestions that Barbara a moderator from 3D connexion has suggested as possible work arounds to no avail. I'd love to know more about the firmware upgrade! :?
csnyder750

i too have this same problem

Post by csnyder750 »

i have tried using the space navigator in windows 7 64 bit and have installed/uninstalled reinstalled, unplugged and plugged and keep coming up with the same errors as everyone else here. it seems like the firmware is helping some. can i try that? how do i go about that?

thanks.
csnyder750

Post by csnyder750 »

i have tried using the space navigator in windows 7 64 bit and have installed/uninstalled reinstalled, unplugged and plugged and keep coming up with the same errors as everyone else here. it seems like the firmware is helping some. can i try that? how do i go about that?

thanks.
csnyder750

Post by csnyder750 »

thanks.
Barbara

same problem

Post by Barbara »

Hello csnyder750 -

Please contact Tech support They can send you the file
---------------------
Barbara
Poggio

same problem

Post by Poggio »

Barbara,

I have a SN that works fine with my desktop PC (Win7 64), but is not recognized on my laptop (Thinkpad T420, Win7 64). I've tried everything noted in this thread and have the same results. SN is never recognized; clicking on start driver does nothing. Please send me information on how to update the firmware. Thanks.
csnyder750

firmware the problem

Post by csnyder750 »

anyone thats looking for a solution to this problem. i had to have the latest firmware given to me and then connected the device to a computer that reconized the space navigator and then upgraded the firmware. once that was done it connected to my computer perfectly and has been working great ever since.

Thanks barbara
Barbara

Device not responding

Post by Barbara »

Hello jeroen0652 -

Please contact Tech support
http://www.3dconnexion.com/contact.html
----------------------
Barbara