Calibration choice is lost

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

rako

Calibration choice is lost

Post by rako »

Hello
I have a windows 11 system with an SpaceNavigator.
The Model in Fusion is drifting and i want to kalibrate the SpaceNavigator but the calibration when you push the taskicon with the right mousebutton is lost.
Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance
Ralf
pball

Re: Calibration choice is lost

Post by pball »

I'm luckily still on an older driver since I just had to run a calibration a few times to get my 3D mouse to stop acting weird. So I'm also concerned about the apparent removal of this option on newer drivers.
JoeDrafter

Post by JoeDrafter »

Updating drivers used to be a good thing. But for me, it's always a very scary situation!!

Same problem here, No calibration anymore... WTF!!!!
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

The feature was removed in 10.8.4 because all of our newer devices have the ability to self calibrate. I'm not sure if it will ever come back, but you can install 10.8.3 and it should still give you the option to calibrate.

if the device is drifting i would recommend trying different USB ports if you haven't done so already, or contacting our tech support team.
HKOCH

Post by HKOCH »

I have just realized after looking at Spacemouse tear downs on Youtube that I also have drifting (or had drifting) that I could not Calibrate away.
The measurement principle is that some optical IR light gaps that are detected in three positions around the circle (120in two dimensions. There are vertical and horizontal small gaps where light is being transferred through the gaps (6 in total). And in this way, an algorithm can look at the resulting light and detect what is happening with the knob. Is it bent, lifted, turned etc.

I was wondering. What happens when this has been placed on top of a table for years? M maybe dust can enter these sensitive areas. Therefore I blew with all force, using my mouth, air into the gap where the visible blue LEDs are placed. This resulted in the mouse is now no more drifting :D So I believe that I have now moved away some dust which was the main course of this which resulted in false signal of movement.

Maybe you can have the same observations?
dougmurrray85

Post by dougmurrray85 »

HKOCH wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am I blew with all force, using my mouth, air into the gap where the visible blue LEDs are placed.
Use a can of compressed air to do this, not your breath. You breath contains water and other chemicals that can corrode and attract fungi and other germs. A can of compressed air is nitrogen and it evaporates away, but use only in short bursts and let everything warm back up for a few seconds because it is extremely cold as it expands and can damage fine or fragile components like springs and plastic.
dougmurrray85

Post by dougmurrray85 »

HKOCH wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:32 am I blew with all force, using my mouth, air into the gap where the visible blue LEDs are placed.
Use a can of compressed air to do this, not your breath. You breath contains water and other chemicals that can corrode and attract fungi and other germs. A can of compressed air is nitrogen and it evaporates away, but use only in short bursts and let everything warm back up for a few seconds because it is extremely cold as it expands and can damage fine or fragile components like springs and plastic.