Double instance of 3DxProfileServer.exe eating a lot memory is this normal?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jannes

Re: Double instance of 3DxProfileServer.exe eating a lot memory is this normal?

Post by jannes »

mbonk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:54 am Could you look into the %localappdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Ext folder?

Are there a large number of files in there? If so, would you delete them, logout and login again and see if the memory used by 3dxProfileserver is reduced a lot?
Sorry for the delayed reply, didn't realize my reply was posted.

As for your suggestion, you're a genius! I did what you suggested and as a result it seems like the memory usage was cut to less than 10% what it was. I can still see two instances of the service but they are both using only around 50 mb of memory. Upon inspecting the previous Ext folder I could see almost 300 files, some of them over 15 mb each.

I will keep my eye on the Ext folder and see whether it starts to grow in size again.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
ngomes

Re: Double instance of 3DxProfileServer.exe eating a lot memory is this normal?

Post by ngomes »

jannes wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:17 pm I can still see two instances of the service but they are both using only around 50 mb of memory.
Two instances of "3DxProfileServer.exe" at less than 100 MB each is the expected state.
I will keep my eye on the Ext folder and see whether it starts to grow in size again.
This issue should be mitigated in the next driver update, v. 10.8.12 of 3DxWare 10.