10.8.0 And Onshape

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Innovate3D

10.8.0 And Onshape

Post by Innovate3D »

The CAD Mouse hangs up and has very sporadic behavior
in onshape once the server is running. :(
Has anyone found a fix yet?
Frank_Online

Re: 10.8.0 And Onshape

Post by Frank_Online »

For me 10.8.0 is also terrible with Onshape! These are the issues I have:
- 3D mouse spins like crazy when directly used in a window. This is fixed with clicking in another window with your mouse and then go back to the Onshape window.
- At first the mouse works to select something but after one day or maybe two it stops working to select something.

Did a complete erase of all 3DConnection files and reinstalled the driver with the same above results....

The only fix I found was going back to 10.7.4

Hope they will use Onshape test the driver in the future!
Innovate3D

Post by Innovate3D »

I ended up doing the same and reverting back to 10.7.4
What a shame because 10.8.0 had the button customization that I have been waiting for.
Frank_Online

Post by Frank_Online »

Did a new test with the latest MacOS 13.4 but still the same results with a mouse that doesn't select anything :(
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

There was a similar report but when using KiCad. The problem with KiCad was fixed in version 10.8.1 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS, published today, June 20, 2023.

The software is available for download here.
Frank_Online

Post by Frank_Online »

Hi Gomes,

Installed 10.8.1 and MacOS 13.4.1 and this is the first stable combination with Onshape since I started using your products with Onshape. Hope everything stays stable with future updates!

For now a blessing to work with :-)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Frank_Online wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:24 am Installed 10.8.1 and MacOS 13.4.1 and this is the first stable combination with Onshape
Thank you for looking into this and taking the time to report back to us.

For us, it is often difficult to track down these issues since as we cannot reproduce them ourselves, taking longer than desired to fix them.
s1mon

Post by s1mon »

I am on MacOS 13.5 (M1Max) with 3DxWare version 10.8.1 (3586), SpaceNavigator Firmware 3.17. I'm trying to use it with Onshape on both Chrome and Safari. I'm finding it to be very unstable. It stops working in a new and unfamiliar way seemingly at random.

I was using 10.7.4 semi-successfully up until now. I did have to relaunch 3DxNLServer.app and the browser every time I disconnected and reconnected the SpaceNavigator USB (something that is not uncommon with a laptop). Despite this annoying bug, I managed to keep it working.

There's really no excuse for 3Dconnexion to not test Onshape regularly. There's a free account plan and it runs on just about any hardware. I assume that you guys have Macs and PCs.

If there was any competition for 3D input devices which had drivers that actually worked, I would have switched a long time ago.
Innovate3D

Post by Innovate3D »

I installed 10.8.1 and it works for me. There are 2 issues I have found with it.
I have all my buttons on the space mouse customized and they all work except for the one labeled 7 when I am in a parts studio, it works at other places though???
The other issue is at random times the panning with the middle mouse button on a cad mouse hangs up.