SpaceMouse UE 5.1 plugin doesn't work in source build 5.1.1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BiffTannen

SpaceMouse UE 5.1 plugin doesn't work in source build 5.1.1

Post by BiffTannen »

Hi,

I'm running UE 5.1.1 standard and source build (no preview or beta). The plugin is doing its job in the standard version installed by the Epic launcher, but the source build editor would not start as long as the plugin is in the plugins folder. I checked the BuildId, it is identical to the id in the version code file. How to solve this issue?
AmroSalih

Re: SpaceMouse UE 5.1 plugin doesn't work in source build 5.1.1

Post by AmroSalih »

Good day,

can I kindly ask you to also create a new support request for the team of 3Dconnexion technical support?

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support-request/

Best regards,

Amro
Amro Bobiec
BiffTannen

Post by BiffTannen »

Support was a bad joke:
We do not support UE Source builds.
We are talking about the same version, Sirs, 5.1.1 which is identical to the shipping version, just one little difference: It is not digitally signed by Epic.
Why do all other plugins taken from the UE marketplace work without any issues in the source build? Simple answer: Devs think about quality and thus one tiny step ahead.
Very poor, guys.
Vaguely1320

Post by Vaguely1320 »

Hey Biff,

I had Spacemouse working in 5.1 but not in 5.1.1. In both instances, the engine was downloaded and installed via the Epic Games launcher, so I believe this is the standard version. I did not build from source or anything like that.

Did you do anything special to get Space Mouse working in 5.1.1 standard?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

BiffTannen wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:54 pm Hi,

I'm running UE 5.1.1 standard and source build (no preview or beta). The plugin is doing its job in the standard version installed by the Epic launcher, but the source build editor would not start as long as the plugin is in the plugins folder. I checked the BuildId, it is identical to the id in the version code file. How to solve this issue?
We haven't seen this before. Are you sure you are copying the plugin for UE 5.1? If you're copying the wrong plugin build, then the Editor may refuse to load.
Nuno Gomes