Dominant "Stuck" On - Other settings???

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

KeithM

Dominant "Stuck" On - Other settings???

Post by KeithM »

Hello,

I've been using spacemouse products for a while, but in recent months I have had a hard time using it to navigate in CAD. Things only want to rotate in one direction at a time, but I checked and the Dominant feature is turned off in the windows taskbar settings menu. Is there somewhere else that I should be looking?

I tried re-installing the driver without the NX plug-in, but that didn't change much.

NX 2206 - 34.1 (build 198)
3DxWare 10.8.12.3545
3DxWinCore 17.8.12.19992
SpaceMouse Enterprise FW 4.42 / PID K4418122150
jwick

Re: Dominant "Stuck" On - Other settings???

Post by jwick »

First check if it is a global problem.
Try running some of our demos in %programfiles%\3dconnexion\3dxware\3dxwincore. E.g., jet.exe, cube3d.exe

If the problem is only in NX, try deleting %appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\UGSNX.xml.
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Thanks for the quick response and the suggestions. I ran both of those demos and they behaved as expected. They maintain their own profiles, so I had to switch from Forward/Back to Up/Down to move things how I am used to. I checked that both zoom directions work everywhere and aren't affecting the issue in NX.

I deleted the appdata file (well, renamed .old) you mentioned and opened NX. That did not have any effect either.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Could you PM your %appdata%\3dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\UGSNX.xml to me?
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Looks like I can't send a PM, maybe my account is too new? (I created it to ask this question). Perhaps if you send me a PM I can reply. Otherwise, I uploaded it here: <link removed>.
jwick

Post by jwick »

KeithM,

email sent (axxxxxx.com)
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Thanks jwick for the support! I learned there are settings inside of NX that control how these type of devices interact with the software. Turning off Single Axis Filter did the trick, and turning off the rotation point made things more intuitive as well:

File -> Utilities -> Customer Defaults -> Gateway -> General -> 3D Input Devices