Issue with ZBrush and new SpaceMouse Enterprise

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sphynx

Issue with ZBrush and new SpaceMouse Enterprise

Post by Sphynx »

Hello everyone,

Recently bought a SpaceMouse Enterprise and it works great on other applications, but I noticed I am having issues with ZBrush as its not remembering my horizon lock or navigation mode but it does remember the speed I set for ZBrush.

Configuration is:

ZBrush 2023.1

3DxWare:10.8.12.3545
3DxWinCore 17.8.12.19992

SpaceMouse Enterprise Firmware: 4.42

Anyone that could help I would appreciate it, also, does anyone know why certain apps don't have access to change navigation modes like Maya?
Cagatay Ozkan

Re: Issue with ZBrush and new SpaceMouse Enterprise

Post by Cagatay Ozkan »

https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... 09#p116209

In the above link there is a soliton worth to try. i solved first with taht solution and later i tried windows 11. Zbrush and space mouse problem occured again. And now i switch windows 10 again. I will try soon cfg permission solution you can try too
Sphynx

Post by Sphynx »

I appreciate the message!

All my folders have all the permissions available and I'm on Windows 11 Professional.

I noticed after deleting the XML for ZBrush that it only writes data to the file when speed settings are changed and not camera or horizon lock etc.

I reported it to ZBrush support but have not heard back.

It is terrible since I bought this device for ZBrush and Maya and I'm in and out of ZBrush so often this has become a big headache. Maybe you can send a report to their support team as well. Let me know if they get back to you.

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/

I have no clue what else to do, since I'm not hearing back from their support at all.
HJJ

Post by HJJ »

I've changed computers a couple times, and each time I've had the same problem as you, and I think it's a pretty obvious problem, which makes for a poor experience. I've tried all sorts of things, but I'm having trouble resolving it. Obviously, this is a common problem that should not be solved by the user