Space mouse not working in Mudbox

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gigan

Space mouse not working in Mudbox

Post by gigan »

Just installed Mudbox 2023. It doesn't seem to recognize the Space Navigator. I've updated all the drivers but the menu for the navigator does not show up on the camera cube and the navigator doesn't work. Navigator works in other apps including 3DMax.

What am I doing wrong?

Mudbox 2019, Win10 x64, 3DxWare:10.8.12.3545, 3DxWinCore 17.8.12.19992
luping

Re: Space mouse not working in Mudbox

Post by luping »

javierolson

Post by javierolson »

I think you can try running Mudbox as administrator. Right click the Mudbox icon and select "Run as administrator". This sometimes helps with device recognition issues.
jasam1122

Post by jasam1122 »

Just installed Mudbox 2023. It doesn't seem to recognize the Space Navigator. I've updated all the drivers but the menu for the navigator does not show up on the camera cube and the navigator doesn't work. Navigator works in other apps including 3DMax.
Lylawa

Post by Lylawa »

Consider running Mudbox as an administrator by right-clicking the Mudbox icon and selecting "Run as administrator." This step has proven effective in addressing certain device recognition issues.
lornaroa40

Post by lornaroa40 »

Experiencing issues with your Space Mouse in Mudbox? Ensure you have the latest drivers installed and that the device is properly configured in Mudbox settings. Sometimes a reboot or reconnecting the device helps. For persistent problems, check the software and hardware compatibility for optimal performance.
lilyaudrey
Location: https://airporttransportationtoronto.co ... port-taxi/

Post by lilyaudrey »

I think you can try running Mudbox as administrator. Right click the Mudbox icon and select "Run as administrator". This sometimes helps with device recognition issues.
Thiagoros

Post by Thiagoros »

javierolson wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:35 am I think you can try running Mudbox as administrator. Right click the Mudbox icon and select "Run as administrator". This sometimes helps with device recognition issues.
Good repair advice! Running Mudbox as administrator can help to overcome device recognition issues. Right-clicking the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" may grant the required rights for easier functioning.Fm Whatsapp Download
harsada

Post by harsada »

Encountering issues with the space mouse in Mudbox could suggest compatibility issues, driver conflicts, or software glitches. Troubleshooting may involve updating drivers, checking for software updates, or adjusting settings to ensure seamless integration and functionality for smoother navigation and modeling tasks. fm whatsapp
Galeborn

Post by Galeborn »

Launching Mudbox as administrator is something you might want to try. Select "Run as administrator" from the context menu that appears when you right-click Movable Type. Device recognition troubles are occasionally helped by this.
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

It's very possible Autodesk forgot to add support for the driver.
i would suggest contacting Autodesk and see if this is possible.
Starting the driver in admin mode can work, but if it does not, this means AutoDesk did not add the support.
tyler79

Post by tyler79 »

If your Space Mouse isn't working in Mudbox, check the device's driver and software compatibility. Ensure the 3Dconnexion software is up-to-date and configured correctly. If issues persist, consult Mudbox forums or support for tailored solutions.
goranjean

Post by goranjean »

You might want to try launching Mudbox as an administrator by right-clicking on the Mudbox icon and choosing "Run as administrator." This method has been found to be helpful in resolving specific device recognition issues.
rosten

Post by rosten »

You might want to attempt running Mudbox as an administrator. Simply right-click the Mudbox icon and choose "Run as administrator." This approach can occasionally resolve device recognition issues and provide a smoother experience.