Inventor environments not updating

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

BTin3D

Inventor environments not updating

Post by BTin3D »

I am having an issue with my Spacemouse where it is not updating the environment in Autodesk Inventor. It will quickly update the environment that I change to, but always ends up back in the sheet metal environment. So essentially it is behaving correctly for a second but then always defaults back to sheet metal. This means none of my radial menus are working for the assembly or part environments. I tried changing the sheet metal menu and it is not updating on the Spacemouse. The joystick of the Spacemouse is working correctly. I have my Spacemouse settings saved externally, and if I try importing them the entire 3DxWare will freeze. I did get a warning that the driver had frozen, but it crashed to desktop before I could read much more.

For reference it was working normally Monday, and upon starting Tuesday it had this issue. I didn't change anything as this is a work machine and I do not have admin rights. Windows may have updated but I am not certain.

I have tried;

- Rebooting and restarting
- Restored Defaults in 3DxWare
- Importing my existing 3DxWare settings - will freeze
- Updated Inventor to the latest version
- Updated 3DxWare to the latest version
- Uninstalled and reinstalled 3DxWare
- Ran a diagnostic test with the Dell utility - no PC related issues found
- Tried Spacemouse wireless and plugged in
- Tried a co-workers Spacemouse Pro Wireless plugged in with a cord - acted exactly the same

Nothing has helped as it always performs the same. Anyone have something else I should try? I can provide more info if needed.

Thank you.

Setup details;

- Dell 5820 PC
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (10.0 Build 19045)
- Spacemouse Pro Wireless (3DX-600047)
- Spacemouse Pro Wireless Receiver (FW: 4.38)
- 3DxWare 10.8.14.3575 (WinCore 17.8.14.20165)
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2023 (Build 359)
BTin3D

Re: Inventor environments not updating

Post by BTin3D »

Problem solved.

My work PC developed a RAM issue and needed a faulty stick replaced. Not sure if that had anything to do with the problem. After repairing the RAM the Spacemouse issue persisted. Just documenting that there was a second issue at hand.

I tried uninstalling 3DX Ware and reinstalling the latest version. No difference. I tried restoring from past exported settings and no difference. I took screen shots of my settings and then reset the Spacemouse using the "More > Restore All Settings" option. I lost my configuration, but at least it is working properly again. I then manually rebuilt the configuration.