Spacemouse Compact USB delayed startup in Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mitchellm

Spacemouse Compact USB delayed startup in Solidworks

Post by mitchellm »

We recently purchased a few new Spacemouse Compacts.

On one of our machines (all running Solidworks 2023 SP4) the 3D control with the Spacemouse takes about 12 seconds to kick in when opening a new part or assembly. The delay also happens when editing a part within the same assembly or when opening a drawing.

Once the 12 seconds has passed, the model rotates and zooms normally with the Spacemouse.

Of note:
- rotating / zooming with the mouse works immediately
- we have tried using 3 different physcial Spacemouse Compacts on the machine with the exact same result
- we have uninstalled and re-installed Solidworks
- running Windows 10
- have tried several different 3DConnexion driver versions, even tried them in different Windows compatability modes

Any suggestions would be welcome as the user essentialy cannot use the purchased Spacemouse.
luping

Re: Spacemouse Compact USB delayed startup in Solidworks

Post by luping »

Does 12 seconds extremely important? How many times does the designers/engineers working with SOLIDWORKS need to run and close SOLIDWORKS on their computer workstations in a typical 8-hour workday?
DavidV

Re: Spacemouse Compact USB delayed startup in Solidworks

Post by DavidV »

mitchellm wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:14 am We recently purchased a few new Spacemouse Compacts.

On one of our machines (all running Solidworks 2023 SP4) the 3D control with the Spacemouse takes about 12 seconds to kick in when opening a new part or assembly. The delay also happens when editing a part within the same assembly or when opening a drawing.

Once the 12 seconds has passed, the model rotates and zooms normally with the Spacemouse.

Of note:
- rotating / zooming with the mouse works immediately
- we have tried using 3 different physcial Spacemouse Compacts on the machine with the exact same result
- we have uninstalled and re-installed Solidworks
- running Windows 10
- have tried several different 3DConnexion driver versions, even tried them in different Windows compatability modes

Any suggestions would be welcome as the user essentialy cannot use the purchased Spacemouse.
I just ran a test on my end and everything seems to be working as it should. i have full movement the moment i open SolidWorks.

How is your device physically connected? Is it connected via a dock/KMV Switch, or directly into the machine?
Are you doing any kind of Remote Desktop Work at all?
Are you using a Virtual Machine/Desk Top?