macOS Sonoma

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

philrogers

Re: macOS Sonoma

Post by philrogers »

3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5 Sonoma, Fusion 360 lost the spin (Rz) everything else seems to work though.
philrogers

Post by philrogers »

zoomer wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:07 am I finally got it installed.

Not sure what really helped ..... but,
I deleted and manually re-added all 3D connection settings from Apple Settings / Privacy
and started the Settings /3DConnection driver settings.
At one point I was finally asked again to allow another one of the 3DCon Apps privacy
settings and driver settings showed 10.8.2 now.
Also the driver installer dialog had finished successfully at this point and I had to reboot again.
Also make sure you have any adblockers disabled for 3d connexion.
bafreeman

Post by bafreeman »

jesse.art wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:21 pm This company is not very reliable with their driver updates.
That is putting it mildly.
mpmp

Post by mpmp »

marcarch wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:07 am The workaround to update to the 3DxWare 10.8.2 driver is to manually force quit 3Dconnexion Helper from Activity Monitor
Thanks this did the trick.
tourbillon

Post by tourbillon »

Who else is here in the year 2024 and having the same issues?
mpmp

Post by mpmp »

K1LLD0Z3R04 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:14 am Is upgrading to Sonoma so still a high risk low reward thing?
Sadly 3DConnexion is the only thing that keeps me away from the update currently.
Im am 99% sure I won't work anymore after.
The CAD Mouse is working fine for me. The SpaceMouse however is not working at all. I mean, it's recognized by the system but both in Fusion360 and in KiCAD it can only zoom in/out and that's by turning the knob instead of pushing/pulling it. Nothing else works. It's been quite some time now since Sonoma launched and it's just silence from 3DC, unfortunately...
jstrom

Post by jstrom »

Hi, I got this feedback from 3Dconn support. It worked for me on Ventura after spending a bout 4 months and 40 hours trying to get it work.
I had to recover the OS before though, and get all the latest drivers. 10.8.3

1. start/reboot the Mac into Recovery Mode:
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-hel ... 829c17/mac
or
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-hel ... 8cf9a8/mac
2. disable SIP
https://developer.apple.com/documentati ... protection

WARNING!!! Take the warning in the red box serious!! Please re-enable SIP again in step 6!!!
3. Reboot the machine

4. Launch the Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
Execute the commands:
systemextensionsctl list
(this will give a list of installed/running extensions; the status of our extension likely is: [activated enabled])
systemextensionsctl reset
(note: this will also remove ANY other existing extension; likely only advisable in case our extension is the only one)
or:
systemextensionsctl uninstall 9D93Y2RD6L com.3dconnexion.dext
(note: this will only remove our 3dconnexio DEXT. A reboot will be required to finally get rid of the extension)
The status of the DEXT can be checked again with:
systemextensionsctl list

5. reboot
6. installd 3dconn driver
7. test
8 reboot in recovery mode and enable SIP
9. reboot
10. The the warning message may still appear, but you can just close it. The driver still works in the background. I am able to run Fusion 360 with no issues.

IMPORTANT: Re-enable SIP!
(Please re-enable SIP again!)
The status can be checked in the Terminal again: csrutil status. It should print “enabled”.
Bubulino

Post by Bubulino »

zoomer wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:07 am I finally got it installed.

Not sure what really helped ..... but,
I deleted and manually re-added all 3D connection settings from Apple Settings / Privacy
and started the Settings /3DConnection driver settings.
At one point I was finally asked again to allow another one of the 3DCon Apps privacy
settings and driver settings showed 10.8.2 now.
Also the driver installer dialog had finished successfully at this point and I had to reboot again.
Hey Zoomer, was hast du alles erlaubt in dem Settings. Bin von Monterey auf Sonoma gewechselt und komm überhaupt nicht klar mit den Einstellungen.