SpaceMouse won't recenter rotation axis of selected points (C4D)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

danhildebrand91

SpaceMouse won't recenter rotation axis of selected points (C4D)

Post by danhildebrand91 »

Hello,

I'm currently working on a job in Cinema 4D and noticed that selecting spline points does not recenter the Space Mouse rotation center to those selected points. Rather, the rotation center remains the spline objects anchor point, which makes it very challenging to work with points that are far away from the anchor point.

It sometimes works when selecting vertices of polygon objects, but it's wildly inconsistent - sometimes it recenters the rotation point, sometimes it doesn't, and I haven't been able to figure out what may or may not cause it to work.

Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? Or are there any known issues with the current drivers or plans to improve this? Basically the same issues in both C4D 2023 and 2024. Going back to R26, where native support is built-in, this is not an issue. Can confirm that selecting points on polygon and spline objects recenters the axis point no problem.

Thanks
AmroSalih

Re: SpaceMouse won't recenter rotation axis of selected points (C4D)

Post by AmroSalih »

Which version of Cinema 4D is currently installed?
The latest version of 3DxWare is v. 10.8.16.

You may want to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. Please visit https://3dconnexion.com/support/
Amro Bobiec