3D Space Mouse issues after removing users from local Admin group

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris3DStolle

3D Space Mouse issues after removing users from local Admin group

Post by Chris3DStolle »

I've been helping secure our environment by removing non-IT users from having local admin rights. I removed a users from the local admin group and he has been having issues with running Space Mouse since I did this. He needs one of the IT admins to elevate the permission to allow this software to run.

Path: "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\3DxService.exe"

I requested they check this thread to see if these two services are running non-elevated. Apparently he checked this post and states these were not running as elevated which is good. I'm assuming he's correct but not 100% sure without reviewing this myself.

https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support/faq/ ... ermissons/

Any ideas what I can do to get this working without requiring an IT person to run the 3DxService.exe with our admin rights?
I already added this user to an Application that I support called Privilege manager. I added this path and the users Machine that was supposed to give him elevated rights to this particular application/service.

Thanks for any help or ideas.
AmroSalih

Re: 3D Space Mouse issues after removing users from local Admin group

Post by AmroSalih »

You may want to get in touch with our Technical Support Team. Please visit https://3dconnexion.com/support/.
Amro Bobiec
Chris3DStolle

Post by Chris3DStolle »

Hello, I managed to fix this by making sure both the processes were running non-elevated per my original post. I found out how to do this from this users post in another thread.
luping wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 am Try follow my advice:
Keyboard Win+R

Input secpol.msc, run as Administrator
Go to Local Policies>security options>
Make sure to disable "User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode"

2021-04-05_17h48_36.png
Thanks @luping
luping

Post by luping »

Oh, that's good. At least in one case by another forum user, he/she reported that my solution did not work, though in a follow-up reply I gave further trouble-shooting tip on proper 3DxWare plug-in for SOLIDWORKS install and load sequence, I got no new reply, I suppose the glitch was eventually solved.