Wheel/scrolling settings with wireless CADMouse Pro Left

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

KeithSWD

Wheel/scrolling settings with wireless CADMouse Pro Left

Post by KeithSWD »

I have the CADMouse Pro Wireless, left hand version installed on Windows 11 (22H2). I am having difficulty keeping the wheel scrolling settings as I want them:

In addition to be left-handed, I also prefer scroll wheel behaviour reversed. So I set the value of the 'FlipFlop Wheel' Property of the Mouse device in the registry to "1" instead of the default "0". I have the 'Mouse Wheel Speed' set to 3 lines. At some point after setting all this up, I find that the wheel is scrolling a page at a time. So, I go back to the mouse properties (via 3DConnexion) and find it is still set at 3 lines.

The only way I can fix this is to uninstall the mouse from Device Manager, scan for hardware and let it reinstall. Then everything is fine, except I have lost my scroll direction mod. So I visit the registry, change the FlipFlop wheel setting and reboot. Again, all working normally for a while.... then I am back to scrolling a page at a time.

I have been through this process multiple times now. If anyone has any insights, please share! At the moment I am resolved to just adapting to using scroll wheel in what is an unintuitive way for me.