Bluetooth connection keeps dropping out

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

paul.bird@ocado.com

Bluetooth connection keeps dropping out

Post by paul.bird@ocado.com »

Hi all, I have a 3DConnexion Wireless Space Mouse and the Bluetooth connection keeps dropping out every time my computer goes into sleep mode, which then annoyingly requires my CAD (Inventor 2024) Software to be closed and restarted to get it working again.
Any help to resolve this would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sasquire

Re: Bluetooth connection keeps dropping out

Post by Sasquire »

Check to see if there is an update for the Bluetooth driver or is there another Bluetooth device that is causing the conflict? Also check if there is a firmware or software update available for the 3DConnexion space mouse.hill climb racing
paul.bird@ocado.com

Hi Sasquire,
I have all the latest 3D Connexion Firmware & Software updates installed.
Regarding other Bluetooth devices causing conflict, all I have connected to my laptop is the Space Mouse and a Logi BT Keyboard and Mouse, surely they should all be compatible as they (including the 3D Connexion Space Mouse) are all Logitech products.
How would I be able to check this, as I work in an open office with multiple BT devices in operation (none directly connected to my Laptop)?
However, I still get the problem when I'm working from home with no other BT devices other than my 3D mouse Logi keyboard and mouse connected.
As I say the 3D Mouse always drops out every time I lock my computer or it auto locks/sleeps after 10mins (company IT/INFOSEC fixed max) of inactivity.
luping

Post by luping »

paul.bird@ocado.com wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:06 am Hi Sasquire,
I have all the latest 3D Connexion Firmware & Software updates installed.
Regarding other Bluetooth devices causing conflict, all I have connected to my laptop is the Space Mouse and a Logi BT Keyboard and Mouse, surely they should all be compatible as they (including the 3D Connexion Space Mouse) are all Logitech products.
How would I be able to check this, as I work in an open office with multiple BT devices in operation (none directly connected to my Laptop)?
However, I still get the problem when I'm working from home with no other BT devices other than my 3D mouse Logi keyboard and mouse connected.
As I say the 3D Mouse always drops out every time I lock my computer or it auto locks/sleeps after 10mins (company IT/INFOSEC fixed max) of inactivity.
Nope, 3Dconnexion company no longer belongs to Logitech company.
paul.bird@ocado.com

That really helps solve my problem! :?
luping

Post by luping »

Oh, I'm glad that your problem is solved. :shock:
evawillms

Post by evawillms »

I still get the problem when I'm working from home with no other BT devices other than my 3D mouse Logi keyboard and mouse connected. Run 3
paul.bird@ocado.com

luping wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:35 am Oh, I'm glad that your problem is solved. :shock:
"I'm afraid I was being sarcastic, your suggestions did not work, and the problem still persists"
luping

Post by luping »

paul.bird@ocado.com wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:20 am
luping wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:35 am Oh, I'm glad that your problem is solved. :shock:
"I'm afraid I was being sarcastic, your suggestions did not work, and the problem still persists"
Now you see negative sarcastic comment never helps to solve issue.

As to the Bluetooth reconnection issue, if the computer goes into sleep mode, the operating system will cut off any existing wireless connection to save power. Try the 3Dconnexion wireless connection receiver:
Check if below settings can be change for your case:
2024-03-06_11h05_06.jpg
2024-03-06_11h05_06.jpg (56.94 KiB) Viewed 28745 times
2024-03-06_11h04_25.jpg
2024-03-06_11h04_25.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 28745 times