UNity Consol Logs

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt300

UNity Consol Logs

Post by Matt300 »

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 3D Space Mouse, and overall, I'm quite satisfied with its performance. However, I've been encountering annoying console logs in Unity, such as "TTDxController.cs: OnQuitting," among others. I would like to disable these logs as they are unnecessary for me. I attempted to modify the C# script, but I'm unable to save the changes. Is there another method to achieve this?
ministeragent

Re: UNity Consol Logs

Post by ministeragent »

Open the Unity Editor.
Go to "Edit" -> "Preferences" (Windows) or "Unity" connections puzzle-> "Preferences" (macOS).
In the Preferences window, navigate to "Unity" -> "General".
Under the "Console" section, you'll find options to control the logging behavior.
Adjust the settings to your preference. You can disable logs or choose to display only specific log types.
lootingbat

Post by lootingbat »

I also keep getting annoying console logs in Unity but there's no way to turn them off. I have tried many ways in the installation but to no avail. Can someone help us?
skmiec

Post by skmiec »

Hi lootingbat and ministeragent.

Thank you for your posts.
We will hide those logs in Unity console, so they don't bother user any more.
hokil

Post by hokil »

Something I didn't know I needed until now!
Menant

Post by Menant »

Go to Edit > Project Settings > Player.
Under the Inspector tab, locate the Script Debugging section.
From the Log Level dropdown menu, select a level higher than the one currently generating the "TTDxController.cs: OnQuitting" messages. For example, if it's currently on "Info," try changing it to "Warning" or "Error."
This will suppress less important logs like the one you mentioned while keeping higher priority messages visible.