Wierd Nooby Question

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

NecroKingston

Wierd Nooby Question

Post by NecroKingston »

Hey, I've stumbled across this great product and am wondering some weird and wonderful idea.

I'm a gamer, god forbid you say?
Well yeah, i play BF2142 and you guys proberly don't, but it's not the end of the world for you lot yet....We'll win the war on your behalf...

Problem:

The AA Guns in BF2142 use the mouse axis to rotate as well as aim at the targets, now, the aiming is fine, however the rotating using the mouse is an extreme nuisance and can probably understand what I mean(I use Cad & 3dxMax alot 2) I'm wondering if the SpaceNavigator may be able to help me in times of rotating the AA gun quickly, while still using the mouse to aim, I understand that there may be a bit of set-up involved, but for $99usd, I know a lot of BFers' that would purchase this if it did work, anybody know if it would suit my cause? or Heaven Help Me for asking, any products out there that would be perfect o? 3dconnexion(Logitech) or otherwise?

Thanks people, muchly appreciated, anyone who does play games and also works with one of these, if you could try it out for me, I would be muchly appreciable.
Absum

Post by Absum »

Im guessing that the code for rotation and such is probably coded into the game and unless the game supports some sort of multi-dof device it will probably be hard to implement it unless there are some keybinding you can set for it.

I as a noob-user of a spacenavigator PE is really glad that more gamers and people like me are starting to use it and opening their eyes for this wonderful little toy... oops... tool :P
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sounds like a fun application. I'd try either RBC9's driver or write a program that got the SN data from COM/DirectInput or HID and fired mouse events at the game using SendInput. You'll probably have a conflict with the existing mouse state in the game.

Let us know if you get anywhere with it.

Jim
3Dx Software Development