Space Navigator and Inventor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

freewheelin

Space Navigator and Inventor

Post by freewheelin »

Just started to use this device recently with Autodesk Inventor. Seems to be working fine other than when i'm in an assembly when I select command to rotate a single part within the assembly space navigator won't move the part at all. I have to hold f4 like usual to spin the part. Just wondering if this functionality is just not there or I need to change a setting or something.

thanks.

Also is there any way to swap the "spin" and "roll left/right" functions? or is zoom the only function you can swap?
Fred

Post by Fred »

Try opening the device settings in the toolbar
verify translation rotation are enabled.
Dominant is disabled.

Close out of inventor and open the 3DControl panel.
Click advanced settings you can swap the rotation directions from there.
freewheelin

Post by freewheelin »

Fred wrote:Try opening the device settings in the toolbar
verify translation rotation are enabled.
Dominant is disabled.

Close out of inventor and open the 3DControl panel.
Click advanced settings you can swap the rotation directions from there.
according to the driver to spin you should have to twist the joystick. Once you load inventor though spin only works when you tilt left to right and when you twist you get a left to right roll instead.

and the device still won't work when rotating an individual part within an assembly.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi freewheelin,
and the device still won't work when rotating an individual part within an assembly.
I do not believe this feature is available in Inventor (manipulating a part within an assembly). Since 3D mouse navigation in Inventor is implemented by Autodesk, I suggest you contact their Customer Service and describe what you're trying. For the benefit of other Inventor users, we appreciate if you could post here the information on their response.
Nuno Gomes