1001 Error on Windows 10

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

therealadrian

1001 Error on Windows 10

Post by therealadrian »

Dear everyone,

Well, I upgraded my machine to Windows 10 and my Space Navigator to the Wireless one and I was all excited to get going but...

When I try to install the 10.3.0 driver, it poops out on me and gives me the infamous "1001 Error". Now I have dug around the forums looking for information about the 1001 Error, and found a lot of stuff, but it is all old and very pre-Windows 10. If I were better at Windows I might be able to figure out what to do from that old stuff, but I'm afraid that this is not my domain of expertise.

Other threads tell me to do all kinds of wierd stuff, like disabling .NET framework and then rebooting and then enabling it again, etc. But they all specify .Net Framework 4.5. I have the following options:

* .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
* .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services

I am not sure if "Advanced Services" is the same as ".NET Framework 4.6", or something different. Should I be toggling that off and rebooting and back on and rebooting again? Or is there something that I need to just install, or am I just totally on the wrong track?

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
This is my "Windows Features" dialog
This is my "Windows Features" dialog
Turn WIndows features on or off.png (15.52 KiB) Viewed 10589 times
therealadrian

Re: 1001 Error on Windows 10

Post by therealadrian »

Dear all,

I should add that, in at least trying to follow some instructions from another thread on 1001 errors, I did try to use "Turn Windows features on or off" to disable the thing called ".NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services", reboot, re-enable it, reboot again, and try the install again. I got the same result.

Also, just a curiosity, but the installer then says that the installer failed and then asks me if I want to continue. If I say yes, it then proceeds to uninstall whatever things it half installed. This seems reasonable, but why would it even ask? Do I want a half finished installation of something on my machine, or am I misunderstanding this dialog?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello therealadrian,

it might be that a previously installed version had not been removed properly for any reason. Do you still have the installed for the driver that you had installed on your Vista? If yes please proceed as follows:
  • Install the older version of the driver.
  • Reboot the machine.
  • Un-install the older version of the driver completely through “Programs and Features” from the Windows Control Panel.
  • Reboot the machine.
  • Then finally try again if you can install the newest version of the 3Dconnexion driver (3DxWare 10.3.0).
If you don’t have the installer package then please let me know which version it was. If you remember. ;)

If you don’t remember which version had been previously then please create log files of the installation as described here. Send them to me.

Please let me know what you find out. Thanks.
mudden_

Post by mudden_ »

It does not help to remove driver and reboot and then install driver again.
Spacenavigator does not work on Windows 10.

I'm getting error 1001 when I try to install driver. Then I get error 1603.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello mudden_,

did you follow the process that I described in the previous post?

Do you know which version of the driver had been installed previously on that machine? If you don’t remember which version had been previously then please create log files of the installation as described here. I will contact you and you can send them to me.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Solved. See here.