SpaceNavigator PE, Pro/Engineer, buttons don't stay mapped

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

apeshkess

SpaceNavigator PE, Pro/Engineer, buttons don't stay mapped

Post by apeshkess »

Hello,

I recently got a SpaceNavigator PE for use with Pro/Engineer on a windows XP machine. Thanks to some help on this site, I managed to re-map the settings on the any.scg file to allow me to switch the roll and spin functions so it's the way I used to have it on my old spacemouse for catia.

I also changed the default button assignments so L is Fit and R is "ctrl-alt". However, they don't stay mapped that way. After a little while (not sure if it's triggered by regaining the license for Pro/E or opening a new window, or what) they get reassigned to different functions (L becomes "refit view" and R becomes "button 1").

why is it doing this, and how do I stop it?

(I'd like to have just ONE scg file and delete all the rest, but I tried that and the navigator stopped working altogether. When I tried pasting the roll/spin swap text into the 3DxProE.scg file, it didn't work. Somehow it only worked in the any.scg file.)

thanks,

--Adi
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Adi,

It seems that you do not use the Pro/E Button Mapping Editor but the regular 3DxWare Control Panel?
When you are in Pro/E and you move your mouse over the 3DxWare icon you should see something like "3DxWare for Pro/Engineer (3DxProE.scg)".
You should also have the "3DxProENGINEER"-toolbar in Pro/E and use only that for your button-mappings. If that does not appear the Plug-in is most likely not proper installed. Then try to download the latest Software for your device and re-run the installation. (Be sure to activate the Pro/E Plug-In).
Robert Stadie
apeshkess

Post by apeshkess »

It now says "3DxWare for Pro/Engineer - peshkessa (user01.scg)"

And it seems to be working ok. I went into the 3DxProE.scg and made the same changes to the roll and spin, so it seems to be ok now.

Thanks.