What market size merits writing a custom patch or driver?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

SLSDavid

Post by SLSDavid »

How about 10 million?
To little?
Ok, maybe.
...let's say 20 million then.

With over US $1 BILLION currently under investment in over seven (7!) online virtual worlds projects, and the average age of the over 20,000,000 registered "residents" to date meeting nearly perfectly the ideal purchasing demographics (age 32, anual disposable income spent on gaming related hardware/year $490, etc.) for at least your SN Personal Edition product...; would it not be entirely cost-justified to invest the ___hrs (can just not believe it is such a big deal for your experts there) it would take to make the tech rabid, 3D-dedicated, 60,000 people (of over 20 million registrations to date) concurrently logged onto the world's only commercially proven 3D virtual world platform in human history into potential customers; to write a simple patch o or driver for Second Life?!?!

I bet $1300 and the confidence of my entire young 3D design team that your driver building policy was a smart as your hardware design amazing.

Please don't prove me (and millions of others over the next few years to come) wrong.

David M
SLS, LLC
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Dear SLSDavid,

Thank you for your generous offer and your confidence in us. How would you like to be contacted in order to arrange the transfer of that $1,300?
" I bet $1300 and the confidence of my entire young 3D design team that your driver building policy was a smart as your hardware design amazing."
Appended is our press release indicating our brilliance.

Sincerely,
Bryan

---

Kate Brinks
Logitech
kate_brinks@logitech.com
510-713-5115
or
Mary Chernoff
Walt & Company
mchernoff@walt.com
408-369-7200 x2984

3Dconnexion 3D Mice Coming To Second Life

Linden Lab's support of the SpaceNavigator 3D Mouse brings new levels of direct control and immersion to the Second Life Grid platform

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK - April 3, 2008 Today at the Virtual Worlds Conference and Expo, 3Dconnexion, a Logitech company, announced that its 3D mouse product line will be supported by the Second Life Grid
jwick

Post by jwick »

In all seriousness, SLSDavid, please let us know how you like the SL solution. It seems to work well.

Jim
3Dx Software Development
(I didn't work on it--others in the team deserve the cheers).
Last edited by jwick on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toadail

Post by Toadail »

Wow. Just...wow. :shock:

Eric O
SLS