Where can I download older drivers?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tomofnh

Where can I download older drivers?

Post by tomofnh »

Me again,

I downloaded and installed the new drivers for my SpaceTraveler3 and they are horrible. You've taken away the ability to use more than one axis at a time. (You cant spin and zoom at the same time, you cant tilt and roll at the same time, and so on)

Where can I download older drivers for the SpaceTraveler3?

Or, can you post the exact file name for the old drivers so i can find them myself?

:(
ngomes

Re: Where can I download older drivers?

Post by ngomes »

Hi tomofnh,
You've taken away the ability to use more than one axis at a time. (You cant spin and zoom at the same time, you cant tilt and roll at the same time, and so on)
This is certainly not the case. That sort of regression would not be acceptable. One the features we're most proud is how easy it is to use several axis at the same time.

It helps if you explain more what you're doing. Which version you have installed, application, etc.
Nuno Gomes
tomofnh

Post by tomofnh »

NGOMES,

I've figured out that "one" problem, it turned out that I had (2) Inventor profiles within the application pull-down, one titled "Inventor" the other "inventor-"my login name for PC" And the software was bouncing between both of them when I switch from a part file (.ipt) to a drawing (.idw). I created a new profile and that took care of that mess.

New problem:
Mouse buttons force to default while switching from model files to drawing files. I setup the buttons as below:

1. Zoom Window
2. Zoom Selected
3. Common View
4. Look At
5. Sketch
6. Measure
7. Previous View
8. Zoom All

After I set these buttons, then bounce between drawing files (.idw) and part files (.ipt), I am able to click (mouse 8) and it brings up a "Button Mapping Editor" window, and all my buttons are erased except that Button 8 is bouned to "Inventor Panel Fn". I close this window, open 3DxWare and it shows "Inventor Panel Fn" as button 8. I had to remap this button a dozen times today.

As my 1st post: Can you please provide a link to your older drivers or post the exact file name for the older driver so I can search the web for it please. (shouldn't be too much effort) :(
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi tomofnh,
After I set these buttons, then bounce between drawing files (.idw) and part files (.ipt)
The 3Dconnexion Add-In for Inventor (3DxInventor) has separate configuration for drawings and parts. When you switch between the two types of documents, it will load a different configuration. Perhaps this is what you're observing.

Also, to program your SpaceNavigator buttons in Inventor you should use only the "Button Mapping Editor" since it offers more choice to the application user. This panel is part of the 3DxInventor add-in.
As my 1st post: Can you please provide a link to your older drivers or post the exact file name for the older driver so I can search the web for it please. (shouldn't be too much effort) :(
We do not keep older copies of a product's software available for download once a new build is released.

The 3DxSoftware installer package follows a simply naming convention: "3DxSoftware_v<major>_<minor>_<micro>.exe" where <major>, <minor> and <micro> are the version number components (for example, for version "3.6.4", the file name is "3DxSoftware_v3-6-4.exe"). Which version are you looking for?