NX6 Navigator buttons not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LMTDCS

NX6 Navigator buttons not working

Post by LMTDCS »

When nx specific application is loaded some loaded buttons work but I can not rotate in sketch mode. As discussed before to over come the sketching limitations I removed the NX specific application. All works as needed except no nx related commands or buttons work. I can bring up the navigator menu just not loaded or newly created commands. Almost as if it does not recognize that I am in the application (button usage only) ???
LMTDCS

Post by LMTDCS »

Also when running solidworks all works perfectly.
Bryan

NX Button Mappings in 'Sketch' Mode

Post by Bryan »

Dear LMTDCS,

What operating system?
What version of NX?
What release version of 3DxSoftware?
(3Dconnexion Control Panel, Help, About)
What NX specific application?
What behavior do you have in modes other than 'sketch'?
What are you referring as the 'navigator menu'?
What application/mode has the Operating System focus when 'no nx related commands or buttons work'?

Sincerely,
Bryan G.
LMTDCS

Post by LMTDCS »

NX 6.0.024
VISTA 32
3dconnection release vers. 3.6.11 (driver 6.6.4)(firmware 3.18) space navigator
All NX applications work fine with zoom, pan and rotate functions. The 2 buttons do not work with in the NX session other than 3dconnection commands (menu). If we load the NX add on then we get limited fuctionality of the buttons but can not create custom commands and alot of the NX commands are not reconized. All was working fine until antivirus update.
Reloaded the drivers ect. No help. The Navigator has full functionallity on the same machine with in a solidworks session (running co currently or alone with the NX session)
Bryan

Is Add-On listed as an application that uses our devices?

Post by Bryan »

Dear LMTDCS,

What NX add on?

I suspect the add on is not an application that makes use of our device.

What Anti-virus?
What Anti-virus Update?

If the problem started at the same time as your Anti-virus Update, there's coincidence that your Anti-virus is also causing you problems. Perhaps your security software has an exception feature you could use.

Sincerely,
Bryan
LMTDCS

Post by LMTDCS »

Bryan,
The add on included with your software for NX (solidworks,ect) Give the option to install when you load the driver ???

unloaded all security software. No change. Reloaded drivers. No change. Navigator works fine just the buttons don't work in NX. They work ok in solidworks so I am ruling out the serurity software.

you said"What application/mode has the Operating System focus when 'no nx related commands or buttons work'? "

It seems as the navigator looks to the 3dconnection software not at NX. Like I said this happens only with NX and not the other applications we use it with.
Bryan

Save Your button mappings in your Application's Editor

Post by Bryan »

Dear LMTDCS,

That would be correct. If you unload the "3Dconnexion Plug-In for NX 6.0" you will not be able to use the Button Mapping Editor as it is included in that Plug-In. The Button Mappings made in the 'NX Button Mapping Editor' have a higher priority thatn button mappings you would make in the '3Dconnexion Control Panel'. So you should make your button mappings there.

Button Mappings are context sensitive. You have a different set of Button Mappings in each different configuration for each context. Each user will have a different set of confiugrations. Each application for a user will have a different grouping of configurations and within an application you may also have a different configuration for different modes. Also you can make custom configurations for yourself.

So you need to double check that the configuration in which you seem to be missing button mappings is the same configuration in which you set those button mappings.

Also in the 3Dconnexion Control Panel under the Options Menu you would want to have 'Automatically Save Configurations' checked on.

If you are in a 2D mode, you will not have 'rotations' as one would not rotate out of 'the plane'.

Sincerely,
Bryan
LMTDCS

Post by LMTDCS »

Bryan,
Here in lies the problem. Even though the configuration comes up listing NX (actually nx1 and nx2) It does not seem to have an effect on the NX session. Like I said before Solidworks works fine if I modify the configuration for that application. Even though there are NX configurations they dont seem to know what context to "associate to" Even if I load the plug in for NX I dont get most of the commands. I have tried to set all the configurations to what I want with no change in results. What would cause the disconnect??
Bryan

NX 1 and NX 2 are not NX 6

Post by Bryan »

Dear LMTDCS,

NX 1 and NX 2 are not NX 6 as you indicated in your first post. I've been trying to help you with the wrong application. NX 1 and NX 2 are not certified.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php

There's no way of knowing what results you might get.

Sincerely,
Bryan
LMTDCS

Bryan read the post

Post by LMTDCS »

Bryan,
Read the post again we are using nx6.1.5 now. The nx1 and nx2 are reference to the configurations that come up under the 3dconnextion control panel when in an NX session.