some Maya feature requests

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

animatty

some Maya feature requests

Post by animatty »

1. I use Maya's AutoKey as my default form of keyframing, but every time my desk vibrates it activates my SpaceNavigator. And every time it activates , it shuts off Maya's AutoKey without me realizing it. Very frustrating.

2. I thought "Enable AutoKey Animation" might need to be checked on in order to use maya's AutoKey, but really it's meant for a "Mocap" of sorts. Can you add an extra option that lets you use Maya's AutoKey without the timeline advancing?

3. My solutionto #2 was going to be to map "Suspend Motion" to one of the SpaceNavigator buttons, and disable it whenever I wasn't actually using it. Alas, "Suspend Motion" appears to be the only command that you cannot map to a button. Can this be remedied?

4. I would like to be able to change which Rotation Axes correlates to each SpaceNavigator Rotation axes. ex. I want to be able to twist the SpaceNavigator to "Spin" and rock it left/right for "Roll." That would correlate more directly with Maya's rotation system, making movement much more natural.

Just a few things that would make this device much more usable for me.

Thanks.
animatty

Post by animatty »

Sorry, please disregard #4. I figured it out.