spaceMouse issue Please help urgently

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

VeryDisappointed

spaceMouse issue Please help urgently

Post by VeryDisappointed »

HI,

I had massive issues to get registered and on this forum. I am not pleased.

There is no support for Australia. I bought from a company in Australia that is not available when you call 9https://digital3d.com.au/collections/3d-cad-mice/products/3dconnexion-spacemouse-enterprise)

My issue is that the spaceMouse stopped working after what I think may be a windows update.

I am using a Dell precision 7920 workstation.
Win10 64 bit.
Siemens NX12

I have gone back to an earlier restore point two weeks ago. I initially thought it works because the screen showed the correct icons.
I then installed an old driver. it works but not like before. there is something wrong as the icons for my Siemens NX 12 CAD software does not appear as it did with the initial install as before.

The spaceMouse is not useful right now. Please help as it is a massive pain to work without it.

Kind regards,
Stan
UtaSH

Re: spaceMouse issue Please help urgently

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Stan,

support for our products is available here. Yes, for the web form you need to register. What kind of problems did you have during registration? Alternatively you can call the phone number in US.

Does Windows still recognize the device? Does it show up in the Device Manager under the Human Interface Devices?

Which 3Dconnexion device do you have?
What are the fist 7 digits from the PID?
Which driver did you install?
Can you navigate in the 3Dconnexion Viewer?
apodsim

Post by apodsim »

I also experienced the same issue after not having used the SpaceMouse Naviagator after a few months. I tried uninstalling and re-installing several times and no change. I have tried moving to different USB ports and no difference. I suspect this is something related to Windows 10 update that I assumed was turned off. No errors noted except the SpaceMouse LED's are not on and the connection default programs do not recognize the SpaceMouse. My SpaceMouse is an older model without a serial number on the base however it has served me well over the years.

I would like to see some utility that allows for testing hardware before I go and spend another $100+ to purchase a replacement.
apodsim

Post by apodsim »

I understand your pain as my SpaceMouse Navigator stopped working within the last few months. The 3DConnection website only is setup for purchasing a new products and technical support is virtually useless. I purchased several generations of the SpaceMouse devices for my company including the very expensive SpaceMouse Pro bundled with AutoCAD Inventor. Currently my home device it is only good for a paper weight.

3Dconnection are you listening....
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello apodsim,

it might be that you encounter a problem that we currently have with 3DxWare 10.5.4. Please see this FAQ. Let me know if this solves your problem. Thanks.
apodsim

Post by apodsim »

Deleting the "3DxServiceState.xml" after stopping the driver and re-starting did not resolve the problem.
apodsim

Post by apodsim »

Well I found the problem. Since getting my new computer their are a 2 x USB-2 & 5 x USB-3 ports. When I was doing some troubleshooting I plugged the Space Mouse into a USB-3 port instead of a USB-2 port. Changed to a USB-2 port and now it works. :D