Spacemouse Cursor Tool: allows 3Dx support for standard apps

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

TS

Spacemouse Cursor Tool: allows 3Dx support for standard apps

Post by TS »

Hi!

since 3Dx devices are hardly supported outside CAD or 3D modellers, I´ve written a tool which converts the movements and button presses of a 3DxWare compatible device into standard keypresses which work with most Windows programs.

Works well with Spacemouse classic (serial) and SpacePilot, but it has been reported to work fine with SpaceNavigator, too. Other devices should work as well, but these were neither tested nor reported so far.

You can get the tool as well as its complete description at www.deinmeister.de/spmcur_e.htm

Note that this is a compact self-contained user-mode app, thus you do not need to install any additional driver apart from 3DxWare itself.
GTWillemsen

Post by GTWillemsen »

Great, I consider using this tool, in the hope find some alternative functionality, same as considering this solution .

Is it possible to easy undo the installation of this tool/driver?
And /or is it possible to combine these (extra) functionality, or does one lost the original 3dconnxion functionality (and/or support)?
GTWillemsen

Post by GTWillemsen »

Ok, tried it, simple download, unpack and doubleclick, that is as easy as it could be.

But as You mentioned, this should work for the spacepilot, but all I am getting is "SpaceMouse not installed", or the standard 3dconnexion software takes over, so I probably missed a step?
jwick

Post by jwick »

We have released 3DxWare 10 open beta.

This release includes keyboard, mouse and joystick emulation.

Please try it out and let us know what you think. There is a new 3DxWare 10 Beta Forum for discussion.

I'm locking this thread so users who get informed about changes to the thread won't miss this announcement. Feel free to start a new thread to continue this discussion, if you wish.