using "CadMouse Pro Wireless" with two devices

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

astuntas

using "CadMouse Pro Wireless" with two devices

Post by astuntas »

Hi, as far as I understand the CadMouse Pro Wireless can be paired with one device (computer) through bluetooth and / or one dongle. I would like to use the same mouse with two computers.
Usually other mice that support 2 computers have a switch button to switch between PC1 and PC2, my understanding is that this mouse doesn't have this button.
Is it possible to pair the same mouse through bluetooth to PC1 and then plug the dongle into PC2?
What will happen if two computers are connected like this, and are on the same desk (the radio signal of the mouse will be within both PCs)
Is there any "workardound" to have this mouse usable with two devices wirelesly? (im not currently interested in an option to connect the cable)
If not possible, any chance the 3d Connexion is planning to release a new model with this function in the foreseeable future?
Thanks!
luping

Re: using "CadMouse Pro Wireless" with two devices

Post by luping »

There's a switch button at the bottom of the CadMouse Pro Wireless, you can pair to computer 1 with Bluetooth of the CadMouse Pro Wireless, and then press the button to switch to dongle mode, pair your CadMouse Pro Wireless to computer 2.
astuntas

Post by astuntas »

Perfect!
Thanks for pointing it out, i can see that it indeed has the switch on the bottom. It should work exactly how I want it.
I already have 2 wired mice of this model - they are just perfect shape. Ill probably give a wireless a go as well. Thanks!
luping

Post by luping »

astuntas wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:14 pm Perfect!
Thanks for pointing it out, i can see that it indeed has the switch on the bottom. It should work exactly how I want it.
I already have 2 wired mice of this model - they are just perfect shape. Ill probably give a wireless a go as well. Thanks!
The wireless model has certain wireless signal latency due to polling rate discrepancy in different modes, especially in wireless mode via dongle(125Hz), Bluetooth mode(90Hz), while the wired one has no such latency issue just as the wireless model is connected with cable(1,000 Hz). The wireless model is heavier than the wired one due to added weight by the built-in battery. I personally choose the wired CadMouse model, it has a AVAGO A9800 laser engine to track the movement.