Vue 7 ?? Support for spacepilot?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Tyros_uk

Vue 7 ?? Support for spacepilot?

Post by Tyros_uk »

Hi.

There is a driver for Vue 7 for spacepilot?

Vue is not at list on link

http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php

BUT at e-on software website says that the mouses from 3D connexion are supported

link

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vu ... m/?page=13
Navigation controls

The trackball-style camera navigation controls offer a convenient way to pan, rotate and zoom. Press the 'Alt' key to slow down the sensitivity of the camera controls for fine tuning.

Vue 7 is compatible with 3Dconnexion's range of 3D navigation controls (SpaceNavigator, SpaceExplorer, etc).
Bryan

All software developers may include support for our devices.

Post by Bryan »

Dear Tyros_uk,

On our web site under the support menu we provide a free SDK, a Software Developer's Kit for software developers, so they may include use of our device in their applications. Our standard 3DxWare driver is automatically included in our 3DxSoftware Suite along with some plug-ins that some applications have added for additional access to commands within their applications. So there is nothing preventing software developers from including support for our device within their applications making use of the standard 3DxWare driver. There need not be a special Vue 7 driver. Not all developers ask us to review their use of our device in their application, so there can be software beyond what we list that do make use of our devices.

Sincerely,
Bryan
Tyros_uk

Post by Tyros_uk »

hey...Bryan

Thanks for the information...

My vue 7 box will probably arrive by monday....I will check out 8)

Thanks
atnreg

Re: Vue 7 ?? Support for spacepilot?

Post by atnreg »

Tyros_uk wrote:Hi.
Navigation controls

The trackball-style camera navigation controls offer a convenient way to pan, rotate and zoom. Press the 'Alt' key to slow down the sensitivity of the camera controls for fine tuning.

Vue 7 is compatible with 3Dconnexion's range of 3D navigation controls (SpaceNavigator, SpaceExplorer, etc).
I bought my Vue 7 Infinite few days ago and SpaceNavigator after reading that.

BUT in Vue7, SN can only rotate the main camera and pan it sideways and forward and back. It cannot do up/down or zooming and it cannot even act like the Vue's trackball, SN only rotates the camera by itself, not around some object even if one is selected.

So I am quite disappointed as that cannot be definition for 'is compatible'. Well yes it is compatible but not useful.

SN is great but unless I can use it to use the Vue camera trackball-style and especially use it to move and rotate objects, it's quite little useful.

So could someone please tell me if that is even possible in Vue? And if it is, can it be done relatively easily with SDK?

I am not familliar with C or C++ so for SDK languages it would be Visual Basic (I have used PHP,Delphi and some Python) but can that do what I want?

Or has somebody already done something for Vue7? So far I have no add-on or plugin for Vue7 in SN but is there some 'secret' place in the internet where I could find one? :)

Also support for Lightwave 3D would be great as I use it to create more complicated objects for Vue but it is not suppoerted by SN properly yet either. But Vue7 support is the main thing.

Please tell any kind of comments about my needs :)
gandhilion

Post by gandhilion »

I have really struggled with the Space Navigator but in response to this email I plugged it back in and managed in Vue 7 to get 360 degrees round an object and to zoom in and out and raise and lower the camera.
There are constraints placed on the camera in the Object Properties panel that need to be turned off for full mobility. When I open a new file the camera height is locked and it it is forced to stay level, both of these can be quickly changed to allow the Space Navigator full motion.
There is also a setting in Display Options that can be altered to allow the camera to go beneath the ground/water planes when needed.
I think Eon have implemented the navigation quite well
David
atnreg

Post by atnreg »

gandhilion wrote:I have really struggled with the Space Navigator but in response to this email I plugged it back in and managed in Vue 7 to get 360 degrees round an object and to zoom in and out and raise and lower the camera.
There are constraints placed on the camera in the Object Properties panel that need to be turned off for full mobility. When I open a new file the camera height is locked and it it is forced to stay level, both of these can be quickly changed to allow the Space Navigator full motion.
There is also a setting in Display Options that can be altered to allow the camera to go beneath the ground/water planes when needed.
I think Eon have implemented the navigation quite well
David
Thanks very much for the tips, now the camera works well with SN :D

But what I still miss for SN are:
1) trackball-type camera control so that it moves around the selected object(s). With SN it is relatively easy to go around an object but it is still not the same as Vue's own trackball control with mouse
2) object control the same way as camera now

in short, an add-on for Vue7 :)

Any ideas?
ibookworm

Post by ibookworm »

How do I do this? I have Vue 8: perhaps something has changed? Detailed instructions would help a ton.
RICH055

Post by RICH055 »

That does not seem to work, yes i can move the camera left and right, and tilt it up and down. but I cant zoom in and out, the motion is nothing like when using a spaceball, or spacepilot in other CAD programs.

Is that just the way it is, I mean there is no way to fly around a scene. very well. am i doing something wrong?

I think he wants you to select the camer, go into aributes top right, and unpush horizonal and unlock height.