SpacePilot Pro LCD Time Display

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

smitty97

SpacePilot Pro LCD Time Display

Post by smitty97 »

Is there any way to adjust the way the LCD shows time on the SPP? My Outlook calendar items show in 24-hour and i'd like them to show in 12-hour AM/PM mode.
Barbara

Re: SpacePilot Pro LCD Time Display

Post by Barbara »

Hello smitty97 -

The SpacePilot PRO displays the format Outlook is sending and Outlook gets its time format from the country/region settings on your PC.

Whether 12 or 24 hour format is the default depends on the country. For the US, Outlook displays a 12-hour clock. Other countries/regions use a 24-hour clock.

You can change the default used by the PC in Regional Options in the Windows Control Panel.
----------------------------
Barbara
smitty97

Post by smitty97 »

All my Windows regional settings are correct for USA and 12 hour time.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello smitty97 -

Unfortunately there is not an option in the SpacePilot PRO applets to change the display on the LCD.
---------------------
Barbara
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

I wonder if any of the hacks that have been done with the Logitech gaming keyboards with LCDs would work with the SpacePilot Pro. I just bought mine and am awaiting delivery and since I dont use Outlook Im hoping there is more that can be done. Otherwise that screen will end up being a waste for me.
jwick

Post by jwick »

ben_r_ wrote:I wonder if any of the hacks that have been done with the Logitech gaming keyboards with LCDs would work with the SpacePilot Pro. I just bought mine and am awaiting delivery and since I dont use Outlook Im hoping there is more that can be done. Otherwise that screen will end up being a waste for me.
The SpacePilot Pro LCD is exactly the same LCD as used in the G19. You can run any Logitech applet on it.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

jwick wrote:
ben_r_ wrote:I wonder if any of the hacks that have been done with the Logitech gaming keyboards with LCDs would work with the SpacePilot Pro. I just bought mine and am awaiting delivery and since I dont use Outlook Im hoping there is more that can be done. Otherwise that screen will end up being a waste for me.
The SpacePilot Pro LCD is exactly the same LCD as used in the G19. You can run any Logitech applet on it.
I have never played with a G19, where does one get applets for it that will work with the SpacePilot Pro LCD?
jwick

Post by jwick »

google is your friend: "G19 applets"
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

jwick wrote:google is your friend: "G19 applets"
LOL if youre gonna go that route, it's FAR more humorous when using this method: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=g19+applets

But seriously, I was kinda hoping someone around here had compiled a list of applets that are cool/helpful/common/popular. With as much as we pay for this unit it ought to have COME with them all available to install via the installation software.
jwick

Post by jwick »

That is much cooler! I'm going to have to bookmark that tool.

The LCD doesn't seem to get much attention. I had much bigger hopes for it--it can even do full motion video! I expected an online Logitech community actively doing some inventive things. It's an underutilized resource, IMO.

I ported some of our demos to display on the LCD. It was like a hand-held game system :)
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

Yea I mean its totally awesome and could be soo useful! I LOVE how it displays the function keys as I cant remember from one app to the next. Although at the moment I cant get it to even show the Function Keys in the menu list thought it will bring up the Solidworks screen when Im in Solidworks. Going to try and reinstall the drivers again and see whats up. But yea, the screen is def a plus and should be more utilized by all who own this bad boy.
jwick

Post by jwick »

You have to be careful with Solidworks. You have to make button assignments inside Solidworks so our plugin will save them. The plugin will take care of telling the driver what needs to be put on the LCD. Don't make changes in the 3DxWare GUI.

Also, make sure you have your Solidworks profile selected in 3DxWare, or the Solidworks plugin could be trying to send these strings to the wrong profile. Clearing out your saved profiles is a good reset to any foul mismatches that may have happened.
ben_r_

Post by ben_r_ »

jwick wrote:You have to be careful with Solidworks. You have to make button assignments inside Solidworks so our plugin will save them. The plugin will take care of telling the driver what needs to be put on the LCD. Don't make changes in the 3DxWare GUI.

Also, make sure you have your Solidworks profile selected in 3DxWare, or the Solidworks plugin could be trying to send these strings to the wrong profile. Clearing out your saved profiles is a good reset to any foul mismatches that may have happened.
I think there is more going on here... I see the SolidWorks icon show up in the LCDs menu when I start up SolidWorks, however the Function Keys menu option shows up sometimes upon boot up and sometimes not it seems.

For example I just rebooted my computer and the Function Keys menu option is not showing up. Then I opened SolidWorks and that menu option on the LCD immediately pops up and if I select it (I set the option so it wouldnt automatically switch to it) then it shows the currently opened file information. But still now way to view the current assignment of the function keys. And on one time when it did show up I did customize the key assignments within the SolidWorks pop up settings menus, so they were done within SolidWorks. However Im not sure how that should matter seeing as how I was seeing the Function Keys menu option before I ever even opened SolidWorks for the first time.
jwick

Post by jwick »

ben_r_ wrote:(I set the option so it wouldnt automatically switch to it)
I've personally never tested that option. Does it make a difference if it is allowed to automatically switch to it?

The SPP takes a lot of power. How is it connected to the machine? Through switch/hub?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Is the "Functions Keys" program selected to run and show on the SPP display?

Open the LCD Manager and go to the "Programs" section. Check that the "Function Keys" program is enable and status "running". Then go to the SPP section and see if it is selected to display on that device.

The above does not explain why it would show some times but not others. Jwick may be on to something with his suggestion that insufficient may at play here. Try connecting the device directly to the system, if you're not already doing so.