New macro: open application

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

maxscience

New macro: open application

Post by maxscience »

Hi,
I think the SpaceNavigator has lots of potential, not limited to 3D apps, still to be exploited by the driver. For example as a general scrolling/pan tool in every app from web browsers to the finder, 2D applications such as Fireworks, Final Cut Studio 2 suite (Motion has 3D capabilities; audio/video scrolling in FCP and Soundtrack, etc.).

Also it would be possible to add a new function like "Open application" in addition to keystrokes and type text? I would like to configure the right button to open a given app, like the griffin powermate does.

Another example to further develop the driver would be to be able to assign those functions not just to the right and left buttons but to specific movements of the cap. I could set that a cap tilt in the Finder equals to opening iTunes or a document or any other action, even to specific XYZ coordinates of the cap that way the possibilities are nearly endless...
As other people said in this forum, you should think the SpaceNavigator not just in terms of a 3D navigation device but a multi-purpose tool like you've done with the Logitech NuLOOQ.
If you develop the software in that direction and put more resources into it, loads of people will buy the SpaceNavigator (much more value for money!). :D
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Thank you for the great feedback. We seriously consider all software suggestions, and will do so with your feedback as well.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.